cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty field in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm currently sending a report out of SAP via PI to a text file on an FTP site. The text file has a '|' field separator and I want blank cells of my internal table to output to the text file as blank eg. FIELD1| |FIELD3. how can I achieve this?

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

First of all, check the File Content Conversion functionality, it will cover your requirements:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/44/6830e67f2a6d12e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

If you want the empty fields to be maintained, simply set them as mandatory (occurrence 1..1) in the receiver structure.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have made the first column of my receiver structure mandatory but the text file is still getting created starting with the second column (which has entries).

Any more suggestion please!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mathhew,

I had the similar requirement in one of previous object where SAP was sending the blank values in some of the fields. I had made FCC configuration parameter like below -

Records.fieldSeperator = |

Records.endSeperator = 'nl'

As a result the final file had two consecutive pipe like '||' to signify the blank value.

Hope this would help you.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already have those 2 entries but its still not giving me the empty field.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matthew,

How do you want you empty field to look like in the target file. Are you not getting two consecutive || wherever you have empty field coming? or you want empty field to be shown

as | |?

Former Member
0 Kudos

no, my first column doesn't contain a value and the next column is the material.

it comes out in the file as

material|

not

|material|