cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

external file attachment in transaction codes through document management system

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are going to implement DMS. It will be FTP type. I have the requirements already with me.

1.My requirement is that during execution QA32 to do Usage decision i do confirm certificate and then do the usage decision. But my client wants to enter the quality certificate that they receive from supplier in qa32. Through services for object i can create attachment and attach any excel format or doc file. But i am going to implement document management system. How can i achieve the same through DMS application at the time of usage decision qa32?

2. Similarly we have to attach the CAPA reports in QM02 during notification processing.

For these requirements if it is not possible to attach in the above said screen  transactions then do we have any other approach?

Now what will be the first link or config area i need to look into for configuring DMS. Any help /links / would be greatly appreciated

Also can i develop a report where if i give material document number /or lot number / notification number we will be able to retrieve the documents attached . Now in my case it can be 5-6 at a time attached..

I am totally new in DMS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sen Sap

1.My requirement is that during execution QA32 to do Usage decision i do confirm certificate and then do the usage decision. But my client wants to enter the quality certificate that they receive from supplier in qa32. Through services for object i can create attachment and attach any excel format or doc file. But i am going to implement document management system. How can i achieve the same through DMS application at the time of usage decision qa32?

2. Similarly we have to attach the CAPA reports in QM02 during notification processing.

For these requirements if it is not possible to attach in the above said screen  transactions then do we have any other approach?

SAP has already provided option of linking Document Info Record (DIR) to other standard objects like material master, sale order etc...

If you need to link your DIR with other objects, which are not part of SAP standard system, then you need to do development and you need to discuss with your ABAP consultant.

Now what will be the first link or config area i need to look into for configuring DMS. Any help /links / would be greatly appreciated

You can read SAP DMS online help. It has most of the stuff you need to know for an implementation.

Also can i develop a report where if i give material document number /or lot number / notification number we will be able to retrieve the documents attached . Now in my case it can be 5-6 at a time attached..

Based on your requirement, discuss with your ABAP consultant

I am totally new in DMS

Get training from SAP on Document Management System.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amaresh,

Thanx for you reply.

Now i  have certain questions:

In the "

SAP has already provided option of linking Document Info Record (DIR) to other standard objects like material master, sale order etc...

If you need to link your DIR with other objects, which are not part of SAP standard system, then you need to do development and you need to discuss with your ABAP consultant."

As you have told earlier maintain screen for object links in spro path .  Here i have to create the z customized objects with the help of the abaper. That is what you are telling? right.?

What is the importance of maintain key fields?

is it here that i have to maintain the screen selections and give the to code so that i can add a attachment and it will be added to a separate server as file sharing purpose.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sen,

As you have told earlier maintain screen for object links in spro path .  Here i have to create the z customized objects with the help of the abaper. That is what you are telling? right.?

Yes. Your understanding your correct.

What is the importance of maintain key fields?

Please read Maintain Key Fields.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amaresh,

Can i use DVA i.e direct vault access in case of file sharing type DMS. Actually we are planning to use File sharing DMS.  or is it only applicable for ftp?

former_member1124592
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amaresh,

Can i use DVA i.e direct vault access in case of file sharing type DMS. Actually we are planning to use File sharing DMS.  or is it only applicable for ftp?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I also need to Integrate SAP Content Server with ECC, CRM.

And upload the documents in sap transactions, I am new, not sure what is required for installation and configuration, really appreciate any help. really appreciate if you could send any documents to nag.raon@yahoo.com would be great help.

Thanks In Advance.

Nag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nag,

please read the policy of the forum we are not supposed to share our personal mail ID in post.

And for the solution you may check with SPRO->cross App->Document mgt->general data->setting for storage.

Hope Might be helpful.

Regards,

Nayeem.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nag rao,

You are violating forum rules, by publishing your email address in the thread.

@Nayeem: Thanks for updating nag rao about the forum rules. Keep it up. It helps to keep the forum clean.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amaresh Makal,

Can you please advise me, what is needed to install and set up SAP Content Server to store documents for SAP DMS, I need to do sizing also for server build, really appreciate your help.

Thanks In Advance.

Nag.