Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type xxx-yyy of the context element xxx.yyy in view xxx does not exist

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I enhanced standard structure by creation append structure for it. I added the fields in WD View context by Right Click on node -->Create Using the Wizard -->Attributes from components of structure and added the new attributes to context. But in Layout if I want to create binding for one of these attributes to an inputfield value its grayed out and shows the below error:

Why is the custom field grayed out and how to enable it bind it with input field?

Thank you,

Anubhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member213957
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anubhav,

Your are not mentioned you are working with standard component or newly created component. If it is standard component  how must work in enhancement. If it is custom component may be webdynpro cache problem i mean webdynpro memory space( then refresh the component it will work fine) or improper binding.

regards,

Kishorekumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you in same enhancement ? if yes still not able to bind that means SAP didn't allow you to enhance binding ?

if you need this new field then you can do following step:

1. create new node with same structrure in enhancement.

2. when you go in layout must check in same enhancemnet then create new field and creating binding.

if helpfull reward points

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

I could not get "are you in same enhancement"?

Added an append structure in standard structure and then trying to enhance standard component.

Can you plz elaborate?

Thanks,

Anubhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you update attribute from structure did you create an enhancement.

this update attribute must be in enhancemnet this same enhancemnet you can use to bind with UI elemt