cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge PDF files to output file in print preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to merger PDF files to output invoice PDF form (mine is Adobe form) in print preview option? If yes, How to achieve?

Thanks in advance,

Meenu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meenu,

do you want to append a pdf to a invoice pdf? The current ADS cannot do it.

You can with the help of third party program to achieve this, but you will lose some Adobe Form features.

Cheers,

Tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I want to merge the PDF file to the invoice output PDF as a separate page.

Thanks,

Ambika.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambika,

as said above, you can't achieve this without the help of third party program subject to the current ADS capability.

You can call a console command or revoke some Web Service and let third party program to achieve this. But the merged file will lose some adobe features.

Cheers,

Tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is fine. I am already doing merge using Live cycle merge ES2. But my question is can we do the same in preview??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meenu,

Fine. ES2 is from ADS point of view also a third party PDF Generator(although from Adobe). I don't know how your scenario is configured (do you use the LiveCycle Administration Console?), but if it is not callable, then you cannot call it in ABAP. There are many other Java APIs and console commands that are callable, so that you can call them in ABAP, thus you can enhance your print program.

Cheers,

Tao