Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SXMB_MONI: How to enable the fields of "Search for Archived Messages"

baskar_ramasamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How to enable fields of "Search for Archived Messages" in SXMB_MONI.

i can able to work with "Processed XML messages" , fields are enabled as shown below(Refer Image 1).

But while i use "Search for Archived Messages" , most of the fields are disabled, so i cannot be able to search the messages(Refer Image 2 & 3)

Image 1:

Image 2:

Image 3: ( How to enable the Fields of Sender & Receiver)

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Baskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

You cannot execute options in the menu that have the locked symbol (), because you do not have the required authorization. 

The authorizations for the individual functions are tailored to requirements and are assigned as derivations of the role SAP_XI_MONITOR. They are all based on the authorization object S_XMB_AUTH.

The authorization object S_XMB_DSP controls the display of message contents. Unless the user has the authorization S_XMB_ADM (administrator), the system only displays XML messages for the current client.

Regards,

Sagarika

baskar_ramasamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sagarika,

Thanks for your help, as you mentioned i have full authorization for all objects you mentioned, but still fields are disabled for "complex search criteria" as i mentioned in Image 3.

I don't have locked symbol for any of the objects.

Thanks,

Baskar

0 Kudos

Hi Baskar, i hope there is no late for the answer. To enable those fields you need to modify the infostructure SAP_BC_XMB (Tx SARJ - Modify) adding the parameters, then transport to production, and then you will have the fileds activated.

Best regards.

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Baskar,

Firstly, I assume you have configured Archiving and Deletion?

See note #1667035 How to view the payload of archived PI messages, for details on how to view the already archived PI mesages.

Regards

Mark

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

I think you are not archiving messages or its not configured in your system.

Please check the below steps to activate Archiving:

1. start SXMB_ADM

2. choose Schedule archiving jobs

3. click "Archive management"

4. click "Information System"

5. click "Customizing"

6. choose "Archive Infostructure" for Object "BC_XMB" and activate it by clicking on "Activate" button.

7. go back and click on "Status".

8. click on "Status per Infostructure"

9. select your object "SAP_BC_XMB" and click "Fill Structures"

10. run it as a background task

For more information about Archiving:

Dual Stack: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c46a236...

Supporting:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e088cec0-700d-2f10-5a86-d11bed0b9... (Chapter 16 - Archiving)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/0e/80553b4d53273de10000000a114084/content.htm

baskar_ramasamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I saw the note #1667035 you mentioned , it speaks only about (search using archive) , i need to use (complex search criteria) , please refer image 2 attached.i have highlighted.i need to search using UDMS of archived message.

Thanks for your support.

baskar_ramasamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Nabendu,

i have already configured archiving in my system, i can view archived messages using (search using archive) option, but not with (complex search criteria). Please refer Image 2&3.

Thanks for your support.

Baskar