SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in FM AVC

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi :

I am testing a posting in FI , trying to use Grant budget, derivation strategy is deriving all assignment correctly, CI/FC are derived also. There no FM-GM integration for this particular grant hence no budget has been transferred in FM-BCS. While posting in FI , i am getting FM AVC error, Grant is real and has a released budget in it , if there is no FM-GM integration then i guess system should allow user to post budget consumption in FI without demanding him to update the corresponding budget in FC/CI . How can i avoid this from happening, to avoid this i tried to override standard tolerance profile by tolerance profile with 999 usage% . I want system not to check budget in FC/CI if the assignment Fund belongs to an External fund type. How can i make it happen . Please guide me.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

You can, indeed, define a tolerance profile and define a strategy, where a profile without budget control will be derived based on the fund source information. So, what the problem seems to be?

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

You can, indeed, define a tolerance profile and define a strategy, where a profile without budget control will be derived based on the fund source information. So, what the problem seems to be?

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

System is deriving standard tolerance profile for control objects when i put trace on Derivation strategy for tolerance profile instead of my defined tolerance profile and do FI posting. Please note what i have done

1..Create tolerance profile with usage 999 and information message.

2..In customer specific ledger for AVC i created a new ledger z1

3..In derivation strategy for tolerance profile i created a new derivation strategy with derivation step Fund and Fund type as source field and Tol profile for AVC as source field and assigned values to them.

4..In assign tol profile and strategy for control object i have assigned this tol profile and derivation strategy to new control ledger.

This is all i have done but system is deriving standard control ledger and tolerance profile for control object with Fund (type external).

Please guide where am i wrong.

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

Defining a different ledger, won't stop the system from checking the values in a standard one. Addtional ledger is a check in addition to the standard ones, if they are activated. You have a trace tool, similar to FMDERIVE, where you can see if the tolerance profile derived is the right one.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

Please note that i am doing this all in FM Customizing for AVC. When i put trace on then standard control ledger 9H and standard tolerance profile is being derived in FI posting, please guide me how can i stop system from issuing FM AVC error message when posting against a real Grant. Please note that CI and FC are derived just to ensure that these assignment are filled during postings.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atif,

You have to find a mechanism to exclude the transaction from ledger 9H. Right now your transaction goes through 9H, Z1 and 9K.

0 Kudos

Hi :

System was right in issuing AVC error message since it found a CI with 30/3 and a fund center in the line item with a real grant entered therein. Although there is no FM-GM integration but still FC/CI are required in line with grant budget consumption , so i derived a dummy Commitment items along with Fund center rather than creating a complex derivation strategy to use no AVC tolerance profile in posting with Fund with type external .

Regards