Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ORGINE FIELD IN PARTNER FUNCTIONS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd experts

i know what is ORGIN FIELD IN partner function

it defines the table from which partner function should be determined during sales order processing

X,Y,Z are for user defined purpose we are maintaineing

If we put A credit management partner functions are taken

But i want some extra clarification from your side be cease i am exactly unable to understand  where we use

pl tell me one business example plz

Dear all pl this may be easy to you plz could you give me little bit clarification with business examples   

thanks to all

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you read the F1 Help of Origin Table it explain everything.

Please read it and try it in Sandbox, if there is any specific query then ask that specific query in this Forum.

Regards,

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amitesh,

Table of origin 

In this field, you can specify from which table the partner with this particular partner function is determined. In the standard version, this field is blank, and the partner is determined from the customer master table. If you want the partner for this partner function to be determined from the table of credit representatives, you must enter "A". If you want to determine the partner from the customer hierarchy table, enter "B". In the latter case, the partner function must also have been assigned to a hierarchy type

The below requirement may clarify your doubts,

Requirement1)

When we select the Partner Function in

Campaign -> Campaign Element -> Parties Involved Assignment block-> Partner Function

and click on F4 help on "Name" field then the standard BP Search Pop up window is coming. We can search the BP and selected BP from the search

result will be assigned to the corresponding Partner function.

Here there is a requirement for me to display the Pop Up window with Pre-populated list of BP's, when user click on F4 help on "Name" field.

The list of BP's i will be fetching based on one Authorization Group/Security ROLE.

I mean, i will fetch all the BP's having Authorization GROUP "ZXYZ' OR secity Role 'ZTEST' maintained for each Partner function and provide the list of BP to my Pop up window.

What is the right approach to achive this solution ?

Do i need to do any BADI implementation ? OR

Do i need to create Search Help to display the BP and BP Description in New Pop Up and call this custom Pop Up when F4 help is clicked?

Requirement 2)

I have another simple requirement is that,

Under "Campaign -> Campaign Element -> Parties Involved Assignment block-> Partner Function"

When one BP (for example: 1234) is assigned to Partner Function: "Campaign Creator" and the Same BP 1234 is being

assigned another Partner Function : "Campaign Approver" then system should throw an error message saying " BP 1234 cannot be Campaign Approver".

because it is already assigned to campaign creator. Both Campaign Creator and Campaign approver should not be same. so we have this requirement.

Where should i write the code to do this validation ?

Should i write the code when User click on Save button ? (component: CPT_MAIN).

Because the BP are assigned to the Partner functions either via F4 help on "Name" field or User can also enter the BP number directly in the "Name" field and

it populates the values. I wanted to write validation in the single place so i though i will write this validation check when User click on Save.

i hope below link may be help ful.

http://scn.sap.com/people/ajaya.kumar/blog/2012/02/20/automatic-partner-determination-in-business-tr...

Regards,

Hcl Innovators

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hcl innovators

Moderator Remarks:

The above contents reproduced in the discussion are copied & pasted from following links:

- http://www.sapgeek.net/2011/03/sap-erp-sd-customizing-partner-determination/

- http://scn.sap.com/thread/3230604

Can you justify your act?

Kindly adhere SCN rules of engagement.

As plagiarism or impersonation is strictly prohibited.

Thanks

Jyoti Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jyoti prakash,

I copied the content from the same links which u given, because for direct resemblence of matter. i also given the link which i have gone through.

sorry..for doing that accidentally

Regards

Hcl Innovators.