cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Workspace in SAP HANA Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am trying to configure workspace in HANA Studio ver 46,but It is throwing error,Repository client not configured.When I'm trying to configure the repository client  under Windows->Preferences->SAP HANA Development when I browse through the path C:\Progrm Files\SAP\hdbclient I am not able to find regi.exe which ie needed for repository client configuration.Request your help in proceeding further.

Thanks

Santosh Varada

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope this helps someone who face follwoign error

"Repository client not configured"

I was following Hana Dev Manual , I installed client libraries in 64 Bit system.

I did following steps to fix

1. located SAP installation folder - C:\Program Files\sap\hdbclient

then opened hdbclient (assume , you should ave installed client libraries)

2. Look for regi.exe

copy the path

3. Open hana studio -> window -> preferences -> expand SAP Hana Development -> repository access -> Click browse paste the copied path

click OK now you should be able to create workspace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the your post on "Repository client not configured" error.

It helped me and resolved the create workspace issue.

Thanks,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your post on this topic. I had the same problem creating a workspace as mentioned above and with your help it looked good for solving the problem. But i got another error message afterwards.

When i start creating the workspace the filds for name and root have been empty. So I typed in a name and then i had to enter the root path manually. But before I had to create the folder for root in my local file system.

But when i click on Finish i get the following message:

An error occurred:Could not create directory: "C:\Program Files\sap\hdbstudio\opensap\._SYS_REGI_settings"

Anyone knows what i did wrong?

Regards

Kjell

//Edit: Problem solved. My fault. I chose the wrong folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awesome.. Thanks a lot man.. Because solved out the problem..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Kjell,

I also got the same issue of .SYS_REGIxxxxxxxxx,

I got it resolved, mine is windows 7 and many folders require just one more click to create folder, though I have gave the admin. permission to the folder still HANA could not create file over there. Please try to choose the WS path of any of your folder (i.e. from desktop)

Mine worked hope it will work for you also, coz I can understand how frustrating one can feel when after doing everything get these sort of errors.

Regds

Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavya,

Where to get the HANA CLient libraries files to install, as in my SAP folder i can see only hdbstudio folder?

Thanks & regards,

Jomy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jomy,

You will have  to install SAP HANA Client to get those.

--Shreepad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jomy,

--

Shreepad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jomy,

--

Shreepad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jomy,

--

Shreepad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jomy,

--

Shreepad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jomy,

--

Shreepad

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have downloaded SAP HANA client and studio. I was trying to get the regi.ext path, but I don't see the SAP HANA Development to even get to the Repository Access, when I go to WINDOWS --> PREFERENCE.

Can someone please tell me how to get the SAP HANA Development in the PREFERENCE? Or a work around to get to the Repository Access?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Below are the additional observations from our environment for the below issues,

a) Missing REGI.EXE

b) Blank selection screen for REGI.EXE

Solution - Maintained below client and studio versions else otherwise there were compatibility issues observed.

- HANA client version SP7 and HANA studio version SP6.

Regards

Raj

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi There,

From SP7 you don't need Regi.exe file anymore.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

cgovind
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi, I have the HANA client regi files. However, I cannot find the repository access path in the preferences to configure the HANA regi file. Could you please help me.

Thanks,

Chakram Govindarajan

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

As mentioned in the thread just above your posting, SP7 no longer requires REGI. The Studio has its own dedicated connectivity to the HANA Repository.  Therefore no need for any manual configuration of REGI. What you see is perfectly fine and ready to use.

cgovind
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to debug Database procedure in HANA. When I run the ABAP program, the database procedure for which I have set breakpoints in the debug session in SAP HANA development is not getting stopped. The ABAP program is getting executed on its own without stopping at the breakpoints set in the database procedure.

I have configured the external breakpoint in debug configuration with my ABAP user name and HANA user details.

Please suggest why the ABAP program does not wait until the breakpoint in the database procedure has been executed.

Thanks,

Chakram Govindarajan

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

This new question has nothing to do with this thread.  Please create a new forum entry for new questions. For a guide for just such kind of debugging, however, please refer to this blog:

cgovind
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas. As you mentioned, the HANA client installation would not be required for the latest version of the studio. I had made a mistake in the debug configuration while mentioning the HANA user due to which the break point did not trigger. Now it is working fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas, I just read your response to Chakram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have intalled 32bit HANA studio and met the same problem. But I find there is regi.exe after I installed the new version 32bit HANA Client. So the problem that 32bit doesn't contain regi.exe may have been solved now.

Download link: https://hanadeveditionsapicl.hana.ondemand.com/hanadevedition/

Regards,

Robin

justin_molenaur2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Agreed - installing rev 68 client and studio allowed me to set the path to regi.exe and being using workspace functionality.

Regards,

Justin

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

please install the "HANA client" package first.

Besides the "regi.exe" it also contains client programs like "hdbsql" and "hdbuserstore".

Anyhow, "regi" is also part of the client package, so you're good to go after installing it.

cheers,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars

I have installed client also , I can see "hdbsql" and "hdbuserstore" but I can't see regi.exe ,do I need to uninstall and install it again .Awaiting your feedback

Thanks

Santosh Varada

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Santosh,

what bit-version did you install?

regi.exe is only present in the 64-Bit Windows client.

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars

I have installed the 32 bit Windows version, is there any work around for the 32 bit version or it is not possible to configure workspace for 32 bit version?.

Thanks

Santosh Varada

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not that I'd be aware of it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars

Whoom do we need to contact regarding this, do we need to raise as support message or it is expected in upcoming revisions.Request your ideas.

Thanks

Santosh Varada

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm.. as the 32-Bit platform version is simply not supported, it's not a bug or something our support could do anything about.

Why not simply use a client platform from this century? (sorry, couldn't resist).

So, no - at the moment I know of no plans for having this supported.

What I know is that it is documented that it's not supported on 32-bit platforms.

Sorry, that's what I can say about this.

cheers,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars

Can you elaborate about using the Client platform, if I use any client platform would I be able to do Commit ,Share and other operations on the Server side as we can do with configured work space.

Thanks

Santosh Varada

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry - could you please rephrase your question?

Right now I've no idea what you want to know...

Former Member
0 Kudos

As per my understanding when we configure a workspace we can chose one of the HANA systems added in our Studio,navigator area, which contains respective tables, analytical views and rest of the objects, if I create any oData channel using XSproject under HANA Development perspective in previously configured workspace , on the project right click->Team->there are several options like Share, Commit if I say commit the oData channel and all the necessary configurations are updated on Server side as well.But if I can't configure workspace would I be able to achieve above all mentioned using client platfrom.

The above is my understanding, please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Santosh Varada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars

Is there any update on this. People who are using 32 bit version can't create oData channels and can't work with Extended Application Services?

Thanks

Santosh Varada

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Santosh,

I didn't have time to look into the XS engine programming, oData channels etc.

What I can tell is that there is no 32-bit version for the regi.exe tool.

regards,

Lars

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Currently only 64-bit SAP HANA Client for Windows and Linux has regi included. We are planning to expand the support in the future, but for now these are the only supplied options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Thomas:

my  hana studio version is  1.0.46, I met the same problems, but on 64 bit on Windows, I can't find regi* files for configuration repository access , can you tell me the file path in Windows operation system after 64 bit hana studio installed?

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to install both hdbstudio and hdbclient 64 bits. The regi.exe comes with the clients.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Henrique:

thanks, i solved that problem by followwing your suggestion .

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Henrique I am having the same exact problem.  I had Studio 64bit v46 and client may have been 32bit (because I have Excel 2007) so I installed 64 bit client to make sure and still does not work. 

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure your HANA Studio is pointing to the correct location where hdbclient 64bits (namely, regi.exe) was installed (under Window -> Preferences -> SAP HANA Development -> Repository Access).

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Henrique!  I can now get past that screen and I can enter my repository name and root name and then click finish and nothing happens!  I can repeatedly hit finish button in the 'Create Repository window' and it just flickers.  Very strange.  The only way to get out of the window is to press CANCEL.  Perhaps I will open a new discussion.

-Patrick

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah, better to create a new discussion.

But make sure your HANA Studio rev matches the HANA Server rev; the repository behavior has changed considerably in the latest revs.

patrickbachmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok I had 46 Studio and 47 server.  I did what you said and upgraded my studio to match the server and it seemed to create the workspace.  Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I have installed client ver 48 on my 32 bit windows machine and looking to your reply on 21 Dec, I think regi.exe should be available by now. But it is not there. Is there a workaround to deploy the applications made on the server?

How can I commit and activate my applications without having regi.exe and hence no options to create repository workspace and do it via studio. If there are any manual steps involved without regi.exe following which we can deploy project that would also be helpful.

Regards

Gaurav

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

> I have installed client ver 48 on my 32 bit windows machine and looking to your reply on 21 Dec, I think regi.exe should be available by now.

Why would you think it would be available now?  REGI is only part of the 64-bit windows and linux client.  It is not supported on 32-bit Windows.

>How can I commit and activate my applications without having regi.exe and hence no options to create repository workspace and do it via studio

You can not.  You must use a 64-bit Windows or Linux system.

>If there are any manual steps involved without regi.exe following which we can deploy project that would also be helpful.

There are no manual steps.  REGI is absolutely required for now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Will this issue persists for 32 bit clients even in coming revisions?

Is there any plan to solve this or do we need to upgrade systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am a newbie to Hana. I have just availed Hana One on AWS to get a hands-on.

I am facing the same issue - regi.exe is not available on 32-bit Windows Client.

My question is if we cannot activate applications in this system setup,

Why is the Hana Client available for download? What is the use?

Regards,

Sandhya

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Why is the Hana Client available for download? What is the use?

Well there is more to HANA Client than just REGI. It also contains the JDBC, ODBC, and Excel drivers.  However for now only the 64-bit windows and linux version of the HANA Client also has REGI in it. A 32-bit Windows version of REGI is being developed and will hopefully be available soon (most likely with SPS6).

0 Kudos

Hi,

we'll provide 32bit Regi clients for both Windows and Linux with SP06.

If you are an SAP employee, please ask me via Email where you can download preliminary 32bit versions before SP06 is released.

Cheers,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ralph

Eager to work with the new SP06 release. I am not a SAP employee . When will the first release be available?

Regards,

Shreepad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Any expected dates to have SP06 available?

Thank you,

Rafael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Any update on when SP06 will be available? 

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It became available to download from the Service Marketplace today.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I am not able to find it in the marketplace.  Could you provide a link for me?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

http://service.sap.com/patches

Then Browse our Download Catalog

SAP In Memory (SAP HANA) ->HANA Platform Edition -> SAP HANA PLATFORM EDITION->SAP HANA PLATFORM EDIT. 1.0 -> Comprised Software Component Versions.

Within this list you will find the HANA Client and HANA Studio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

I installed Client 64 bit with Studio 64 bit, and I also found regi.exe, and configured as you suggested in your lecture.. But getting error :"An error occurred while getting repository client version".in the Repository access window.

Thanks

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What revision of Studio/Client are you using?  Make sure both are recent revisions and both are the same revisions.