SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create new budget version quarterly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please give out some advices for the case:

We're implementing FM, using BCS. Users want to create & change budget quarterly as following:

Q1: They will create budget for the whole year (BG1).

Q2: They will create new budget (BG2( with:

- Data from Jan, Feb, March will be the actual data

- Budget for April -> Dec: new budget

Q3: New budget BG3 will be created as:

- Data from Jan -> Jun: Actual data

- Data from July -> Dec: New budget data

Q4: New budget BG4:

- Data from Jan -> Sept: Actual data

- Data from Oct -> Dec: New budget data.

Please advise whether it's possible & how we can deal with the requirements.  Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't see any particular problem in doing this. You will have to revise your budget once in a quarter, reversing the one which was inscribed in a previous quarter. Of course, calculation of the budget to be inscribed is to be done outside BCS, based on BCS reports. Alternatively, you can develop a program which would caluclate the figures based on the logic you have described and inscribe/reverse the budget accordingly.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Please advise

- Can we keep the budget information for the past quarter. I mean we'll create new budget BG2, BG3, BG4 for quarter II, III, IV. No changes are made on the past quarter budget (BG1 for example).

- how can I transfer actual data from the past to the new budget, for new quarter. Meaning that BG2 will copy quarter I actual data & will revise new budget for quarter II onward. But the budget data created at the beginning of QI is still kept for reference.

Thank you very much!

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To start with, the budget is managed on annual basis. You can, though, use a 'budget period' object to make clear distinction between quarters. Another way, would be splitting your budgetary inscription in two parts: the flexible one (which will be reversed each quarter) and the fixed one. As for budget calculation: there is no standard tool which would transfer actuals to budget. Therefore, as I mentioned before, you will have to do it aside or develop a special program.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more question, can we change the actual budget version back to planning version ?

Cause the requirement is we keep the current budget & create new actual budget version for comparasion between budget before & after update new budget.

In shorts, the scenario is below:

- Q1: Create budget for whole year --> actual budget 1

- Q2: Revise & change budget for Q2, Q3, Q4 --> Will transfer from CO & overwrite budget actual version 1. But we still want to keep old budget information for comparison later.

Thank you!

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can reverse budget document, which was created as a result of a copy from your planning, if you wish.