cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of a Dashboard in NetWeaver Enterprise Portal - 503 Service not available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear NetWeaver Gurus,

I humbly come to you with a question that may be so simple but for me still complex beacause of my short experience.

Our requirement is to Integrate SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards into the Enterprise Portal.

- I have already done Integration (SSO) between SAP Enterprise Portal and SAP Business Intelligence (BW)

- Dashboards have been created using data from BW and have been published and launched into Portal.

Now, from Enterprise Portal we have to integrate the Dashboards with an iView. I followed this wiki

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=168461044&bc=true

However, when previewing the iView I am getting a 503 Service not available error.

503 Service not available

Error:           -6

Version:       7001

Component: J2EE Server

Date/Time:   Fri Dec 14 21:21:47 2012

Module:       http_j2ee_mt.c

Line:            820

Server:         laemsd24_DDW_20

Error:           Tag          {00005f53}

Detail:         Cannot reach external Application Server on localhost:52000

I've checked tx RZ10 in BW for icm/HTTP/j2ee_0 and it's set as follows:

PREFIX=/,HOST=localhost,CONN=0-20,PORT=52000

My first guess was that I should change the parameter to point the Portal's Host and Port and I did but now when previeweing the iView I'm getting a Internet Explorer error that cannot display the page, as if the page doesn't even exists.

I've done a little research and my next move is to change the parameter as how it was at first and change a second parameter, Set rdisp/j2ee_start to 1 so it activates the first one.

To do this I have to make a request to the infrastructure dept. so I have to be sure this will work.

So, dear Gurus, do you have any suggestions or am I missing something here?

Any response will be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Julio M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved.

No need to change parameters.

In the iView I was pointing to the BW system alias (set up at System Landscape) but that was not needed. I just left the System parameter blank in the iView properties and voila!

Answers (0)