Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Data Views and Planning books data consolidation

Dear Gurus,

Is it possible to consolidate the planning data for different data views/ or different planning books of the same planning area together.

i.e: Let's say we have data view 1 and data view 2 for which the planning data for month of December is 1000 for the first data view and 500 for the second view, can i consolidate both of them in a 2rd of view to get planning data for December is 1500 ?

If possible please tell me the procedure for doing this on the data view and the planning book levels.

Thanks in advance.

Regrds,

MaX

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Max,

...you are speaking about creating new views and selections, this is not what I'm asking about

Yes, it is.  You just haven't realized this yet.

All the data exists in the planning area, stored at the most detailed level..  Each planning book, and each data view, and each selection profile, can (and usually do, by design) restrict you from seeing everything that exists in the planning area.  All you have to do is create a book/view/SP that displays the consolidated data that you wish to see, which already exists in the planning area.

I don't know exactly which data you wish to see consolidated, so I can't advise you if you need a new or modified planning book, a new or modified data view, or just a new or modified Selection Profile.  One of these three choices will give you a display of the consolidated data you seek.

Best Regards,

DB49

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question