cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Views and Planning books data consolidation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Is it possible to consolidate the planning data for different data views/ or different planning books of the same planning area together.

i.e: Let's say we have data view 1 and data view 2 for which the planning data for month of December is 1000 for the first data view and 500 for the second view, can i consolidate both of them in a 2rd of view to get planning data for December is 1500 ?

If possible please tell me the procedure for doing this on the data view and the planning book levels.

Thanks in advance.

Regrds,

MaX

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Max,

In general, yes, this is possible.

A planning book contains a specific set of Characteristics and Key figures.  A data view contains a subset of these data.  In addition, when you load the Planning view with data, you also use a Selection Profile to select a subset of CVCs for display and management.

Assuming that the two existing data views don't contain all of the Characteristics and Key Figures that you want to see, you must create a new Planning View for your Planning Book.  /SAPAPO/SDP8B.  Include all the KF and Characteristics you wish to see in your new view.

Assuming that the two existing data views don't contain all the data you wish to see when you load the book, create a new Selection Profile.  /SAPAPO/SDP94.

Instructions for both of these steps are contained in Best Practices

http://help.sap.com/saap/sap_bp/bblibrary/html/y94_scm701_en_xx.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your fast reply, but you are speaking about creating new views and selections, this is not what I'm asking about, my requirment is to consolidate data, may be this will need a new data view, no problem, but what after creating the new data view, how can I consolidate the data from the 2 other data views ????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Max,

...you are speaking about creating new views and selections, this is not what I'm asking about

Yes, it is.  You just haven't realized this yet.

All the data exists in the planning area, stored at the most detailed level..  Each planning book, and each data view, and each selection profile, can (and usually do, by design) restrict you from seeing everything that exists in the planning area.  All you have to do is create a book/view/SP that displays the consolidated data that you wish to see, which already exists in the planning area.

I don't know exactly which data you wish to see consolidated, so I can't advise you if you need a new or modified planning book, a new or modified data view, or just a new or modified Selection Profile.  One of these three choices will give you a display of the consolidated data you seek.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Max,

There are many ways to solve your problem on depending on your scenario.

1. Since both data views belong to the same planning area, it automatically means that the data is consolidated in the planning area. But if the data you want to consolidate belongs to different key figures, then you can just create a macro in the desired data view adding the values of the two key figures into a another key figure or auxiliary key figure.

If the data you want to consolidate belongs to the same keyfigure, then you just have to create a new selection profile.

For example, lets assume that DV1(data view1) has a selection profile for location 1005 and DV2 has a selection profile for location 1006, then you just have to create a  new selection profile with loaction values 1005,1006. This is only an example

2. As Guru said you can always generate a data source for your planning area and load it it into an infocube and look it up in LISTCUBE. To generate a datasource for your planning area. Go to sapapo/msdp_admin, double click on your planning area.

Go to Extras --> Generate Data source.

3. Or create a new data view and a new selection profile.

If you go ahead with choice 1 and If your data views do not belong to the same planning book, then you will have to add the required key figures into the planning book and then the data view where you choose to perform the macro.

If you can tell me the difference between the two data views and the selection profiles you are using, then I can give a more accurate answer.Also let me know if the data views belong to the same planning book

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Max,

It may be possible for you to back up the planning area data.

Path: Planning area (double click) > Extras > Generate data source.

If you are not sure how to do this.. simply google "How to extract data from planning area to an Infocube" or alternatively check with someone who understands BW

Once this set up is done, you can then load the planning area data to an infocube on a regular basis.

You can then use LISTCUBE to display "consolidated data" of all the data "views" ad infinitum but data may not be real time (depending on when you back up) but nevertheless can appeal to your desire of viewing all data in once single place.

Using LISTCUBE, you can also restrict characteristics, key figures and dates to view the data you want to view. You can also select the option "DB aggregation" always to see a well laid out output. You can also download this to excel for some meangingful analysis.

Thanks

Guru