cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addition of field to Cost assignment Tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I want to place one Zfield and GL Account ( it is standard field which is present in the Account assignment item details 1 ) in the Cost Assignment Tab..i have referred SAP Notes : 672960 and 458591...

the Zfield is displaying correctly in the cost assignment tab but in the case of GL account the field is not getting displayed..why??..is it due to standard field it is not displayed or any other reason...? ...

i have placed this G_L_ACCT field in tables BBP_C_ACC_F and BBP_C_ACCFD as entries but i didnt place this G_L_ACCT field in structure INCL_EEW_PD_ACC_CSF( when i insert this field it is giving error as the field already exit) and made SPRO settings...do i need to do any more..but the Zfield is displayed correctly why not G_L_ACCT

Please help..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can't you give the field name as ZZG_L_ACCT or something in CSF structures ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply..

But i want the standard G_L_ACCT field to be displayed..

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you pl try this (you can undo it, if you don't like it later):

-- Add new field ZZG_L_ACCT in INCL_EEW_PD_ACC_CSF, BBP_C_ACC_F and BBP_C_ACC_FD

-- Use data element SAKNR for this field

Activate the tables/structures

-- Maintain this new field in account assignment categories definition in SPRO

Check your screens.

Undo the settings if you do not like the result.

best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply..

I have also done by creating z field..but still when ever i select my Fav GL from the list i have maintained it is giving error as "GL Account 5500008 is not created(Please check your input)"..which is preventing me to create PO or SC..how to remove that error ..i dont know from where this error is coming as the GL account i am populating is there in R3...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please mainatian the correct GL Account (Based on R/3 system) in the SRM system.

Here are the steps ->

Log on SPRO Transaction in SRM.

<u>o IMG&#8594;SRM Server&#8594; Cross Application Basic Settings&#8594; Account Assignment.

&#61607; Define Account Assignment Categories. In this step you define different Account

assignment Categories and assign fields to these Account Assignment Categories.

&#61607; You can also define how the EBP Account Assignment Category assigned to

Backend Category</u>

<b>o IMG&#8594;SRM Server&#8594; Cross Application Basic Settings&#8594; Define G/L Account for Product Category and Account Assignment Category</b>

<b>&#61607; You specify the G/L account that is to be posted to in Financial Accounting in the backend system, depending on the product category and the account assignment category.</b>

<b>&#61607; Note that for each product category that you work with, you have to enter all possible account assignment categories and a G/L account</b>

<i>&#61607; BBP_DETERMINE_ACCT BADI using SE18 Transaction can also be used to determine the GL Accounts</i>

Hope this will help.

Please reward suitable points.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

I have one doubt in the SPRO settings ::

<b>srmserver->cross-application basic settings->account assignment->define G/L account for product category and account assignment category</b>

i am giving nothing in category ID::souce syst i am giving as logical system of R3 (SAPUHD111)::AcctAssCat as "CC" for cost center WBS for wbs element OR for Order and in G/L account no i am giving nothing as it is showing in chnage mode when i click on F4 it is showing as "No input help available(search help C_SAKNR is empty)"..

can u guide me where exact is the problem is..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

<b>This G/L account is not maintianed in any of the SRM standard tables. This F4 Help will not work, as it is looking for the data locally in sRM.

You need to maintain the correct G/L Account in SRM system by referring to the corresponding correct Gl Account maintained in R/3 system and enter the same here for that purpose.</b>

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

SO u mean to say i need to bring all the G/L account numbers into SRM from R3 ..

What i will do is :::

create a RFC FM in R3 bring all the data from SKA1 table

In SRM i will create a FM in this i will call this remote FM

I will create a search help for SAKNR field(which is data element for G_L_ACCT field)

so when i go to SPRO there the values should be displayed..it is displayed will it solev my probelm???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<u>That can be done.. but you need to attach the same search help to the relevant field G_L_ACCT (in SRM system) and it might become complex for you as well.

Better to maintain G/L Accounts by referring to the R/3 system.</u>

<i>Anyways, you can also raise an Cutomer OSS message to ask SAP to resond over this Search help not working in SRM System. But as you know, it might take some time for SAP to get back on this. Please let me know the OSS message details, when SAP responds to you in future.</i>

<b>Please maintain the GL Accounts by Product Categories locally in SRM first. That is more important step.</b>

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph

The settings you maintain here are only default GL account. You can change the GL account in SHopping cart to another account.

F4 Help for GL account in R/3 is provided in SRM.

You do not need any developments for this. You just have to give authorizations for object M_BBP_SHLP to your users.

Pl go through the note 656633 for a secure way of doing this and you may need to define second RFC connection as well.

Best regards

Ramki

Answers (0)