cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Dynamic Modification Rule(URGENT)

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a Dyanamic modification rule at lot level for Skip lot as shown below,

I have given NUMBER OF SKIPS AS 5 in DMR in QDR1

I have created insection plan and assigned DMR at header level and also at material master of the material

In the material master i have maintained indicators "SKIPS ALLOWED" and "AUTOMATIC UD"

I have created 2 PO's for the material and i have made GR for the first PO, stock went into "Quality inspection stock" and an inspection lot has been created and i did Result recording and UD.

I have created GR for the 2nd PO , stock has been posted into "Unrestricted usage' automatically after completion of GR and inspection lot is created with status "SKIP LOT".

My issue is , i have maintained, no of  skips as 5, as per my understanding , Inspection lot status should appear for the 6th GR done inspection lot, but why inspection lot status of "SKIP LOT" is coming for 2nd lot itself?

Please clarify my query

And also ,

StageInspection
  severity
Skip
Initial
  inspection stage
SkipStage Change
  Defined for Inspection Stage
No of InspectionsMax. skip
  duration
New stageRejectionsNew inspection
  stage
104 XnormalX1    20110
20 X skipX5020110

J.Balakrishnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its not very clear what is structure of DMR here ,

but I could see that first stage 10 is having one inspection ,which if accepted will go to stage 20 ,

Hence first IL came into Inspection & second skipped .

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

The structure of the DMR is as follows,

Stage - 10

Inspection severity - 4- Normal inspection

Initial inspection setup - X

OK

No of inspections - 1

New insp. stage      20

NOT OK

Rejections           1
New insp. stage      10

Stage - 20

Inspection severity - blank

SKIP -  X

OK

No. of skips........ 5
Max. skip duration   0
New insp. stage      20

NOT OK

Rejections           1
New insp. stage      10

My doubt is in stage 20 , i have given "NUMBER OF SKIPS" as 5, so as per my understanding , inspection lot should be skipped once first 5 lots have been completed. the 6th inspection lot should come with status "SKIP". But when i tested for a material, for the first inspection lot was a normal lot, i did UD,RR and it was not with the status of "SKIP" . But for second inspection lot it was appearing with the status "SKIP".????

What is the actual meaning of  'Number of skips" , why lot is with status 'SKIP" for second lot itself, when my number of skips are 5.

KIndly solve the query

J.Balakrishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

What system is behaving is exactly correct.

There is issue in your understanding ...Tell you how

Stage - 10

OK

No of inspections - 1

New insp. stage      20

== > It means system will create 1 lot with Inspection severity - 4 which is first lot .

Stage - 20

SKIP -  X

OK

No. of skips........ 5
Max. skip duration   0
New insp. stage      20

== > It means After acceptence of First lot which was normal Inspection ,Now system will move to next level which is " 5 skip lots" .

Its means system starts skipping the lot immediatly after 1 normal inspection finished .It is not means "wait for 5 lots to start skip "  - 5 skip means 5 lots will be skipped

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

Thanks , your exlanation was fantabulous. Kindly solve my only doubt

1.  Once the First Lot( With Inspection severity- 4 )  is cleared , will all the successive GR's in future will get appeared with the status "SKIP"?

Kindly solve

J.Balakrishnan

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

Thanks , your explanation was fantabulous. Kindly solve my only doubt

1.  Once the First Lot( With Inspection severity- 4 )  is cleared , will all the successive inspection lot's in future will get appeared with the status "SKIP"?

Kindly solve

J.Balakrishnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logically Once the First Lot( With Inspection severity- 4 )  is cleared , will all the successive  5   IL's  in future will get appeared with the status "SKIP .

But as in your DMR after acceptence or ( when skip si sucessful ) next stage is 20 which is again skip .

So skip will continue till  any  defect/ rejection forcefully done to these lots.

former_member211618
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi balakrishna,

Skip-to-stock process,DMR is created on Lot creation / to usage decision.

As per your given table

1. initial stage(10),Normal inspection(4(inspection severity )),No.of inspection lots(1) if lot accepted it move to stage(20) / Rejected move to stage(10)(means same stage).

2.Same way skip stage(20),No.of inspection lots(5)with in Max duration of 0 days,  if lot accepted it move to stage(20) ((same stage) means skip lot statue continuous until the lot get reject )/ Rejected move to stage(10)(Skip inspection ).

Suggestion:

keep No.of inspection lots as (5) in stage(10) and in skip lot stage(20), Accept new stage you can keep stage(10) instead of stage(20) and it better to keep Max duration of as one days.

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

I have worked on a scenario as follows,

Stage - 10

OK

No of inspections - 1

New insp. stage      20

NOT OK

Rejections           1
New insp. stage      10

Stage - 20

SKIP -  X

OK

No. of skips........ 1
Max. skip duration   0
New insp. stage      20

NOT OK

Rejections                 1
New insp. stage      10

As per the created DMR , 1st inspection lot should get created as "NORMAL LOT" and if 1st lot is accepted , 2nd inspection lot should get created with status "SKIP" lot and if it is accepted,the successive lots should get created as "SKIP" lot until the inspection lot with status "SKIP" is rejected.If lot with status "SKIP" is rejected, next lot should get created with stage 10 as Normal lot.  It is working correctly. But when i reject a inspection lot with status "SKIP" status as follows

UD   Usage decision has been

PASG Plan/specification assig

CCTD Insp. characteristics cr

CALC Sample calculated

DEF  Defects were recorded

STIC Short-term insp. complet

ICCO All inspections complete

SPRQ Quantity posting require

SPCO Stock posting completed

QLUP Quality level updated

STUP Statistics updated

and i created defects recording and notification and moved the stock to blocked stock and i  made next GR and resulting inspection lot is getting created again with status "SKIP" with stage 20 , instead of getting created as NORMAL inspection lot with stage 10. Where should i check ? Kindly correct if any mistakes are there and also provide an example scenario for DMR with Maximum skip duration. Kindly solve the issue.

J.Balakrishnan

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

Stage - 10

OK

No of inspections - 1

New insp. stage      20

NOT OK

Rejections           1
New insp. stage      10

Stage - 20

SKIP -  X

OK

No. of skips........ 1
Max. skip duration   0
New insp. stage      20

NOT OK

New insp. stage      10

As per the created DMR , 1st inspection lot should get created as "NORMAL LOT" and if 1st lot is accepted , 2nd inspection lot should get created with status "SKIP" lot and if it is accepted,the successive lots should get created as "SKIP" lot until the inspection lot with status "SKIP" is rejected.If lot with status "SKIP" is rejected, next lot should get created with stage 10 as Normal lot.  It is working correctly. But when i reject a inspection lot with status "SKIP" status as follows

CALC Sample calculated

STUP Statistics updated

and i created defects recording and notification and moved the stock to blocked stock and i  made next GR and resulting inspection lot is getting created again with status "SKIP" with stage 20 , instead of getting created as NORMAL inspection lot with stage 10. Where should i check ? Kindly correct if any mistakes are there and also provide an example scenario for DMR with Maximum skip duration. Kindly solve the issue.

J.Balakrishnan

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

Stage - 10

OK

No of inspections - 1

New insp. stage      20

NOT OK

Rejections           1
New insp. stage      10

Stage - 20

SKIP -  X

OK

No. of skips........ 1
Max. skip duration   0
New insp. stage      20

NOT OK

New insp. stage      10

CALC Sample calculated

STUP Statistics updated

J.Balakrishnan

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

Stage - 10

OK

No of inspections - 1

New insp. stage      20

NOT OK

Rejections           1
New insp. stage      10

Stage - 20

SKIP -  X

OK

No. of skips........ 1
Max. skip duration   0
New insp. stage      20

NOT OK

New insp. stage      10

CALC Sample calculated

STUP Statistics updated

J.Balakrishnan

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

Stage - 10

OK

No of inspections - 1

New insp. stage      20

NOT OK

Rejections           1
New insp. stage      10

Stage - 20

SKIP -  X

OK

No. of skips........ 1
Max. skip duration   0
New insp. stage      20

NOT OK

New insp. stage      10

CALC Sample calculated

STUP Statistics updated

J.Balakrishnan

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

Stage - 10

OK

No of inspections - 1

New insp. stage      20

NOT OK

Rejections           1
New insp. stage      10

Stage - 20

SKIP -  X

OK

No. of skips........ 1
Max. skip duration   0
New insp. stage      20

NOT OK

New insp. stage      10

CALC Sample calculated

STUP Statistics updated

J.Balakrishnan

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

Stage - 10

OK

No of inspections - 1

New insp. stage      20

NOT OK

Rejections           1
New insp. stage      10

Stage - 20

SKIP -  X

OK

No. of skips........ 1
Max. skip duration   0
New insp. stage      20

NOT OK

New insp. stage      10

CALC Sample calculated

STUP Statistics updated

J.Balakrishnan

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

It is working fine, thanks for your valuable solution. Kindly provide the example scenario for DMR with maximum skip duration

J.Balakrishnan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Maintain the DMR as follow

10      4      Normal Inspection          5       20      1  10

20               Inspection Skip           10       10      1   10