Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO4 - Import of unx files box stays there

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Findin IDT that when say import universe from repositroy - donwload the 3 compoennets to the local folder fine (busines layer, data foundation layer and connection) but after hit finish box often  just stays there often for while long after files downloaded so just close ths box manually.

Also when refresh structure hit finish box satys there.  Strcuture freshes O.K but seesm some of boxes don't close always after hitting finish .

Anybody seen this?

Using BO4 SP5

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Philip,

Please try this:

1. Close the IDT

2. Move the LSI file contained in "%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Business Objects Documents\LocData" to another folder (for backup) then try again.

3. Open IDT and test again

Regards,

Amina

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Will give this a go.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Philip,

What client OS are the tools installed on.  Is the desktop experiencing performance issues with other tools, such as MS Office.  As long is the BI 4.0 client tools are installed on a supported desktop, it should work fine.  The only time I have heard other clinet having issues is when they installed client tools on Windows 7 - 64bit or Windows 8, otherwise it should work fine.

Regards,

Ajay

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using Windows xp (32-bit).

Other client tools fine including the other bo4 client tools such as UDT and Webi Rich Client.

Just IDT which sluggish.

Thanks

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Sluggish" sounds like your other post here: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3277776 - what steps have you taken to answer those points?

Where is your CMS relative to your user?  

Is the CMS 'intelligence tier' on the same tier as the BIplaform 'processing tier'  and Web iter? (i.e. a monolythic install)

Does a full BOE administrator (with no restrictions)  get the same issue?

Regards,

H

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have disabled anti-virus software from scanning userDocs and installdir.

Web tier (Apcahe Tomcat running on one server), the remaining BOE components running on another server.

Separate database server hosts the CMS database.

Sames issue with Admin logins.

Any other performance-enhancement tips ofr the IDT Tool?

Thanks

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Philip,

You need to disable Anti-Virus scan on:

- Tomcat WebApps & Workdir folders

- BOBJ \DATA folder

- BOBJ \ FileStore directory.

Regards,

Ajay