cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting error during sales order creation (VA01)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the following error during VA01 creation, I have created one item "trad good 10" using MM01, have selected "BANS" in sales org 2, created a vendor also using XK01, pls advise how the following error can be overcome?

No item category available (Table T184 CS BANS  )

Message no. V1320

Diagnosis

No item category could be determined for the combination CS BANS .

System Response

The system does not allow further processing of this item.

Procedure

Check the entries in table T184 by means of which item category determination is controlled.
If you do not have the authorization to do this yourself, contact your system administrator.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mohan_goru
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

Kindly make the necessary Item category assignment using the TCode: vov4 or using the IMG Path which mentioned above by Hafeez

Check the error clearly and search for the combination of the Sales document+ Item caegory group+ Item usage and High.level Item category and make necessary assignments or directly you can check the assignement through table level Tcode SE16>>T184 check the necessary combination and do the assignements.

This will help for your analysis and moving forward you can assign the necessary assignments.

Regards,

Mohan Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you done Item Category Assignment in VOV4????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Hafeez for the reply!!

No, I have not done item category assignment using VOV4. can you be more specific?

Thanks

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

Please assign Sales document type and Item category Group in Item Category Assignment with the help of VOV4 or following IMG Path as

Check out this link, it will gonna help you out https://scn.sap.com/message/4993967