Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII PCo 'Tag Store Query' Issues - Unable to write Tags

manoj_bilthare123
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to connect Simulation systems (Matrikon and Kepware; trial versions) with SAP MII 12.2.4 for tag integration through PCo 2.2, with source systems being configured as OPC DA Agents. I have created the agents and configured everything as per the guide available in help sap. While I am trying to write the tags from MII using PCo Query template with mode as Tag Store Query, I am able to write the values successfully without any issues for the first time only. When I try to change the values of the tag with the same query, I am getting an error in MII –

Channel1/Device2/TEST1: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Channel1/Device2/TEST1: Unable to perform operation

I checked for the logs in PCo Management Console and found the same error with the following details –

Date Time, Machine, Thread ID, Process ID, Process Name, Event Type, Source, Message, Stack Trace

12/14/2012 11:55:15 PM,.,5,2732,RARE_WARE,Critical,OpcDaAgent,Exception found while trying to process the store of item Channel1/Device2/TEST1.,"The given key was not present in the dictionary.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.Agents.Opc.DaGroup.Add(String name, String itemSource, Type dataType)

at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.Agents.Opc.Da.OpcDaAgent.DoStore(Item item, Object value, DateTime timestamp, ItemSecondaryCollection secondaries)"

12/14/2012 11:37:18 PM,.,5,2732,RARE_WARE,Critical,OpcDaAgent,Exception found while trying to process the store of item Channel1/Device2/TEST1.,"The given key was not present in the dictionary.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)

at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.Agents.Opc.DaGroup.Add(String name, String itemSource, Type dataType)

at SAP.Manufacturing.Connectivity.Agents.Opc.Da.OpcDaAgent.DoStore(Item item, Object value, DateTime timestamp, ItemSecondaryCollection secondaries)"

However, I am able to retrieve the values for the tags without any issues.

Please suggest on how I can proceed with this. I doubt whether this is an issue with the trial version of Simulation softwares.

Some of the screenshots for reference …

PLC Simulations –

Kepware (Kepware Server EX5 – Trial Version) – OPC DA 3.0

Matrikon OPC Server for Simulation and Testing – Trial Version – OPC DA 2.05A

PCo Configuration –

Version –

Error in PCo -

Please assist,

Thanks,
Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

First you need to update PCo to the latest service pack and patch level Please download and install the latest service pack for Plant Connectivity from Service Marketplace.  The download title is PCo22SP03P.  I believe that this will correct the issue that you are having.

Regards, Steve

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

We need to start working on a scenario wherein, MII would write the tags using PCo query.

We have only worked on Read tag scenario. Therefore we are looking for documentation around the points one needs to take care before working on a tag write scenario. Like if there are any security settings or other perquisites.

Can you help me on that?

Thanks,

Ruchi