cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proactive Monitoring for ADS?

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone - I am a Basis administrator looking for ways to proactively monitor our ADS functionality.

Our ADS service is hosted on our J2EE-only portal server.  The transactions that make use of the ADS are generally coming from our ABAP-only ERP system.

If we have an issue with ADS Basis is generally the last to know.  Typically users call to report that their form transactions are no longer working.  The only clue we see is a large number of dumps in the ABAP system:

UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION

WebDynpro Exception: ADS call failed SOAP Framework error: SOAP Runtime

Exception: CSoapExceptionTransport : HTTP receive failed with exception

communication_failure  (100,101).

We prefer not to monitor dumps in ST22 for ADS.  Does anyone have another way to proactively monitor ADS availability and functionality that works well for them?

Thanks for the help.  Points awarded - Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

there is monitoring avaliable for ADS in Tr. RZ20. It is a GRMG Monitoring. Please take a look at:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/de/9bdb4064da712ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Best regards,

Dezso

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dezso - Thanks for your reply.  Would the GRMG monitor for ADS detect an issue like the one I described in my original post?  The concern I have is that the ADS service might be running (so it responds ok to a GRMG heartbeat request), but for some other reason ADS calls fail.

Some of the ADS documentation refers to either communications errors or rendering errors.  I am guessing the error I mentioned is a communications error.  So if I use the same service user in the GMRG monitor that is used for ADS services then this should work.  Does this sound correct to you?

Best Regards - Jeff

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

It is doing sample requests on the JAVA Server side. So it should monitor if ADS Calls fail as well. It might not show errors, that are due to the specific form. If only specific forms fail, the GRMG will not detect it.

Best regards,

Dezso

former_member188433
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Dezso - I'll try this out.