cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCOT messages hang in 'waiting'

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is sneak preview ABAP system (700) running on windows.

I have

- SMTP host active (SICF)

- SMICM - SMTP service running

- SMICM paramters for SMTP configured as per help.sap.com

- SCOT settings for SMTP node done (server/port/mail-type etc)

- Server is connected directly to internet and should be able to reach the mail-server

- User with an email-id defined

- All OSS notes that I could locate have been taken care of

When I create a message, it appears in SCOT under waiting. When I execute 'send' it seems to not select any messages and returns with message 'No message sent'. I setup trace and check it but it doesn't show any error.

Some of the things to note

- Message appear in SCOT but not in SOST (even when I have everything selected in SOST)

- When I delete the messages (SOSC, SO* tables) using SAP supplied program, then it shows up in SOST as 'cancelled'.

- SCOT 'send' doesn't seem to even try reaching the mail host, in trace it shows it has gone through the nodes and has tried to send '0' messages (apparently it can't identify the 'waiting messages' which do seem to be there in SCOT).

I have done other settings in SCOT (eg default domain name, receipt setting etc) but nothing works. I am pretty sure it is not related to the mail-server I specified, since it doesn't seem to even try to connect to mail-server - send process stops much before that.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks,

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member218864
Participant
0 Kudos

Alexandre is right, I had the same problem and in the table SOCT the messages shows a WAIT_TIME seven hours ahead from the ENTRY_TIME that was because my system time zone were incorrect. I just change the system zone time and the problem was corrected.

Thanks

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Try applying this note.

1015628 Documents with status 'Send time is not yet reached'

We have to be on SP12 stack.

SAP_BASIS 700 SAPKB70012.

or apply the above note.

This resolved issue for us.

Thanks,

Tanuj

Satyam

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same problem.

In my case (maybe yours also), it's due to a difference between the System Time and User Time.

In my case the system time is GMT and the user time is GMT+2.

For example, the user create the mail at 15h (GMT2) and the system send the mail at 15h (GMT) = 17h (GMT2). The mail is sent 2 hours after his creation.

If I set the User Time to GMT, like the System Time, the mail is sent immediatly.

But I did not found any solution neither any OSS note yet.

Best Regards,

Alexandre.

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

is this happening form a standard application eg. SBWP or do you use own developed program?

In case of own developed program do not forget to place a COMMIT WORK. after you called the send rutine SAPConnect.

Best regards,

Dezso