cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing issue while applying SPS through SUM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Facing problem while applying support stack through Software Update Manager in NW 7.0 (Dual stack system) . When i started SUM initially it was asking

Administrator password(SAP level) after that it was asking SIDADM(OS level password),  i gave correct OS level  password only but it showing "Error:The

Provided SIDADM Credentials are either incorrect or SAP Note 927637 should be applied".

Currently we are going to upgrade SPS 27. Read the note and didn't get any solution from the SAP Note.Please help me.

Regards

Maruthi V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Duy_Le_-_Islet_
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having the same issue on Windows Server. The password we used is correct. Could you please suggest how can we fix this issue on Windows?

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Duy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Duy,

Please refer the OSS note, it has the steps how to solve this kind of issue on Windows operating system. Hope it may help you.

1563660 - sapcontrol, user authorization issues (SUM)

Regards,

Ganesan

Duy_Le_-_Islet_
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I tried to all the options mentioned in the note (DEFAULT, NONE, SDEFAULT), but it does not work.

Best regards,

Duy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its strange, it should be related with sapcontrol. May be, you can have more information in the below wiki page. Also, could you please post the error messages from SUM log file?

(SUM)INPUT-OS-USER-PASSWORDS-sapcontrol cmd return exit code higher than 0 - Software Logistics - SC...

Regards,

Ganesan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Duy,

sorry that i lately response. Unfortunately i solved this problem on linux environment and do not know how to handle on Windows. But is was really related to user right on  OS-Level.

Greetings,

Utkan

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maruthi,

Did you solve the issue ?

Cheers

Former Member
former_member182675
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

this is the user u are loge on to the server

are u sure it's the correct password?

try to reset the password

Right click My computer -> Manage -> Local User and group -> Users -> Right click user and set password

Hope its help

Naor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naor,

I gave the correct SIDADM(OS leve password in solaris) Password, but it was telling that wrong

password,the same password able to login into the OS level through Putty.

Regards

Maruthi Vutukuri

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are not getting the error message by entering a wrong password othewise the authentification cannot be established.

Please read the sap note:

/usr/sap/BIN/D53/exe:

-rwxr-xr-x  1 binadm sapsys 1509173 2008-02-29 08:21 sapuxuserchk

Execute the following commands:

chown root:sapsys sapuxuserchk

chmod u+s,o-rwx sapuxuserchk

The authorization should now look, for example, as follows:

-rwsr-x---  1 root sapsys 1509173 2008-02-29 08:21 sapuxuserchk

In addition to this, you should check if the following file system is mounted with "nosuid":

/usr/sap

You can check this using the commands "df" and "mount". For example:

hostname:~ # df -h /usr/sap/

File system            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/mapper/vg_sys_r1-usr_x

9.9G  2.2G  7.3G  23% /usr/sap

hostname:~ # mount | grep /dev/mapper/vg_sys_r1-usr_x

/dev/mapper/vg_sys_r1-usr_x on /usr/sap type ext3 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,acl,user_xattr)

If this is the case, you have to delete the following option in the settings for this entry in the "mount":

"nosuid"

Otherwise, this setting prevents evaluation of the "s-bit" for sapuxuserchk.

As of 640 patch level 392, 700 patch level 330, 701 patch level 170, 710 patch level 262, 711 patch level 149, 720 patch level 113, 800 patch level 46, 802 patch level 24, and 803 patch level 2, sapstartsrv also searches for /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/sapuxuserchk with an s-bit configuration. In many cases (if an SAP Host Agent is installed), this renders the s-bit configuration described above unnecessary, because the SAP Host Agent installation automatically performs an s-bit configuration of /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/sapuxuserchk.

Note that sapuxuserchk is only contained in the complete SAPEXE.SAR archives (and *.lst sapcpe replication lists contained in these archives), but not in the dw.SAR kernel patch archive.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try executiing command pwconv on the OS level. It will update the /etc/shadow file from /etc/passwd

Incase it is not updated. Also check /etc/passwd file whether the entry has the correct home directory

and when you login through putty do you go the correct home directory.

Regards,

Sohrab Kapoor