cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a variant of the current search through Portal UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MDM/Portal Experts,

I have created a UI in Portal that connects to MDM repository.

There are 3 iViews created - Search, Resultset and Item Details using MDM Web Dynpro Configurator.

One of the business requirements is the ability to search based on few fields and create variants for this search.

Through Data Manager, I could create a Local search and save it. And this was available to all the users.

Is it possible to create a local search through Portal?

Regards,

Roshani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Unfortunately i think this not supported.

You can retrieve a named search that you have saved in data manager on the front end webdynpro. However user is not able to do a save name search on the front end webdynpro.

Local Search are only available in the Data Manager.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your reply.

Unfortunately it does not solve the problem though. Most of the end users will be business users who will have access only to Portal and not MDM Data Manager. They want to be able to save their searches as a variant so that next time they can use it to retrieve the same result-set.

Anyways, i will keep this thread open for some more days. Please share any ideas or workarounds, otherwise I will mark this requirement as 'Cannot be met'

Regards,

Roshani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roshini,

To achieve your requirement at Portal level, you can use Web Dynpro Components User Exits. WD User Exits will allow you to add your own functionality to SAP’s standard business applications without modifying the original applications.

You can use User Exit for Search WD Component as per your need with combination of MDM Java API to design your own functionality

Hope, it will help..!!

Thx/ -Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roshini,

Could you udpate, if you tried the above solution?

Thx/ -Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roshani,

SAP MDM Web Dynpro Search component did not provide the functionality to call Local Search. It supports only:

• Free Form
  • Lookup
  • Mask
  • Named Search

For more information, please refer the below links:

1. Configuration of Search Web Dynpro Component
  2. About Search Web Dynpro Component

To achieve your requirement, you can perform the search as per your search criteria in Data Manager and save it as Named Search. Once named search is created, the authorized user can access that search.

Note:

1. Local Search will be available for the User, who created it, not to all users.
  2. Name Search will be available to all the users.
  3. Name Search can be restricted from the unauthorized access.

Hope, it will help...!!

Thx/ -Tarun