cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI7.3 Adapter module not getting Build in NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I developed  an adapter module using NWDS PI7.3. When i build the EJB project nothing is getting created under Build folder and there is no error at all.

I am using JDK 1.6

I followed the pdf How To... Create Modules for the JEE Adapter Engine. It has steps for PI7.1 and i am assuming they are same for PI7.3.

Any document specifically for PI7.3 adapter module development ?

Regards

Inder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just checked and my build folder is also empty but I don't think it's needed as my jar file and ear file are both being created in the EJB and EAR projects respectively and my modules are working fine.

If you are deploying from NWDS, it will generate the Jar and EAR automatically when you follow William's instructions for 'Run on Server'.

If not deploying from NWDS, go to JEE perspective, right click the EAR project, expand 'Export' and select 'SAP EAR File'. It will prompt you for the destination on your file system. In addition to creating the deployable EAR with the jar inside, it should also create the jar in the EJB project.

P.S. Instead of 'Run on Server', I prefer to use the 'Servers' view. (Window > Show View > Servers).

That view should list all the AS Java instances you set up and from there you can right click and 'Add and Remove' or 'Publish' (deploy latest of all the projects you have configured).

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jonathon. I beleive you are absolutely right.

I tried to build the module in NWDS 7.1 and build folder is getting populated properly but not in NWDS 7.3

I am getting another error now while deploying the Java Module. I deploye

Dec 16, 2012 12:42:06 PM [Error ]:

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4RuntimeException: Unexpected exception.

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.getException(P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.java:648)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.getException(P4ObjectBrokerClientImpl.java:617)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.Deployer_Stub.deploy(Deployer_Stub.java:279)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.deploy.impl.DeployProcessorImpl.deployItems(DeployProcessorImpl.java:688)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.api.deploy.impl.DeployProcessorImpl.deploy(DeployProcessorImpl.java:226)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.dc.deploy.DeployProcessor70.deploy(DeployProcessor70.java:112)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DCDeployThread.run(DCDeployThread.java:122)

Caused by: java.rmi.RemoteException: ERROR: ; nested exception is:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.sap.jvm.monitor.os.OsInfo.getUsableSpaceWithError(Ljava/lang/String;)J

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:482)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.ServerDispatchImpl.run(ServerDispatchImpl.java:69)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4Message.process(P4Message.java:72)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4Message.execute(P4Message.java:43)

at com.sap.engine.services.cross.fca.FCAConnectorImpl.executeRequest(FCAConnectorImpl.java:983)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.P4Message.process(P4Message.java:59)

at com.sap.engine.services.cross.fca.MessageReader.run(MessageReader.java:55)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.Executable.run(Executable.java:122)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.Executable.run(Executable.java:101)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.execution.CentralExecutor$SingleThread.run(CentralExecutor.java:328)

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.sap.jvm.monitor.os.OsInfo.getUsableSpaceWithError(Ljava/lang/String;)J

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.util.FileUtils.getUsableSpaceWithError(FileUtils.java:257)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.SduLoader.doCheckForSufficientDiskSpace(SduLoader.java:168)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.SduLoader.load(SduLoader.java:65)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.DeployerImpl.loadArchives(DeployerImpl.java:1171)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.DeployerImpl.deployInternal(DeployerImpl.java:326)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.DeployerImpl.deploy(DeployerImpl.java:224)

at com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.deploy.impl.DeployerImplp4_Skel.dispatch(DeployerImplp4_Skel.java:910)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:459)

... 9 more

I beleive this error is coming due to some JVM mismatch.

My system Java versions look like below..

Which version of JDK should i use ? Does it matter if i am using 32 bit JDK or 64 bit JDK ? My laptop is 32 bit so cant install java 64 bit, and PI server seems to be 64 Bit.

Regards

Inder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathon,

Can you please let me know the JVM version of system where you deployed the module  and also java version used in PI and NWDS ? 32 Bit or 64 bit ?

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/%28JSTTSG%29%28Deploy%29Problems-P20

This link say that it should be at least SAPJVM 6.1.025 or SAPJVM 5.1.065 depending on the used version

Thanks

Inder

Former Member
0 Kudos

NWDS Java is 32bit.

java version "1.5.0_22"

PI is SAPJVM6 64 bit.

java version "1.6.0_33"

It looks like you have found your issue. You mentioned the JVM should be at least 6.1.025 but you only have 6.1.018.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for info. I have requested Basis to update JVM. Will update you the result of that.

Regards

Inder

Former Member
0 Kudos

JVM update resolve the issue...

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,Any help on this deployment error ?

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Inder,

There should not be any difference to create Adapter modules in NWDS 7.3 with its older versions. Please check William's blog:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0ac06cf-6ee2-2c10-df98-e17430ca5...

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adapter modules development is identical in PI 7.1 and PI 7.3, but I do not know if there is a difference between NWDS 7.1 and NWDS 7.3

Maybe you try with NWDS 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am downloading 7.1. Will update if that works..