Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using components in more than one software component version

steve_coombes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I am creating an abstract service interface in the ESR and wish to use a message type from another software component version. I can see some other SVC's under the BASIS objects section but not the one I wish to use.

From searching on the web I think that there should be a dependent relationship between the two. However I can't see how this is done from the SVC's that I can see under the one I'm working in. I have actually created some of them myself and guess that PI has created these dependencies for me when I have used objects from them, but it was not a manual process.

Please can someone advise how I should make objects from SVC 'A' available to my service interface in SVC 'B'. If I have to make changes in the SLD would I need to refresh the SLD cache in Enterprise Services Builder?

If I do create the relationship in the SLD, which type of dependency should I create?

Kind regards

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to create dependency in SLD, search in SCN.many discussion on similar topic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steeve,

Yes you need to provide the dependency in SLD.

In the main SWC1 assign the SWC2 which you want use the objects of SWC1.  Check the below image right side you can find dependent software component verions.

Thanks,

Satish.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

robertot4s
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steeve,

After create the dependency in SLD (Remember create the dependency of type "Installation Time"), you have to update the SWCV in the ESR. Open the SWCV and select the option Tools -> Update SLD Information.

Regards,

Roberto

steve_coombes
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your replies. I can access the objects I need now.

Kind regards

Steve