cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New data type for metrics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to customize metrics for our needs. For that reason is imperative to have new data type for metrics.

The standar types available are:

CURR

DATS

FLTP

QUAN

We have already added more types in table INM_M_TD_DATA_TYPE. However, when these new data type are assigned to metrics user can not see fields related with metrics in user interface.

Does Anyone know if there is something else left to do? we do need to make additional customizing? is it possible to have new data type for metrcis?

Thanks,

CAMILO URIBE

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Camilo,

If you add values to the domain INM_M_TD_DATA_TYPE you will be able to configure in the metric... but it wouldn't work. The four values are by default and are linked to a format and to a functionality ( in the code) , for example DATS it is YYYYMMDD ( it is a field with this format).

If you add a new Type XXXX ... this type is not linked to any format and functionality.

I tried in the past change the DATS --> YYYY ( instead of YYYYMMDD) or create a new type with format YYYY and I didn't find the way but I am sure that it is not enough modify the domain.

Regards!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

Do you know if it is possible to make an enhancement to include the new type?

Thanks,

Camilo Uribe

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Camilo,

If I am not wrong this is developed by standard in this piece of code  class : /RPM/CL_WD_ALV_REUSE --> method GET_METRIC_STRUCTURE, but I don't know how to enhaced this.. I am not so technical, sorry.

Regards!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Camilo,

I have not tried this before. But what is the problem with the existing data types?

Best regards

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

I just want to have a metric with INT domain without Unit. The existing data types doesnt allow to handle INT domain.

Regards,

Camilo Uribe