cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to update VLV using workbook?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP guru,

I have a question on Value List Value update using workbook.

I wanted to replace last one's display name, ICG - Securities Fund Services (SFS), with ICG - SFS using workbook.

So I created a work book as follows:

I imported workbook above.

And it ends up with creating two ICG - SFS display name.

Is it possible to update VLV instead of creating a new one?

I appreciate your help.

Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Namsoo,

Please try with same display_name_id  while uploading the  workbook(Which you have used in first workbook for your last entry) .  Only Change the display name but keep rest all parameter same as initial workbook uploaded.

Regards

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

I already did that way. But it ends up with creating a new VLV.

line 11 in workbook, I used

CUSTOM$ICG_GTS_Securities_Fund_Services

before and I only changed display name,

ICG - SFS

from

ICG - Securities Fund Services (SFS)

Isn't it what you said?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It looks like you are only attempting to change the display name of the particular VLV. You can do that by updating the localized resource instead of doing it vlv tab in the workbook.

You can update the dafault value of that localized resource to ICG - SFS and that should work.

BUNDLERESOURCE_IDRESOURCE_KINDDEFAULT_VALUERESOURCE_CATEGORY

Alternatively, you can update this directly in the UI via Setup > System Setup > User Interface > Localized Resources and search for the localized resource in the 'And Value contains' field. Then you can update the required value ICG - SFS in the value over-ride field.

Once statisfied you can move this individual localized resource via OMA to other E-Sourcing systems such as QA, PROD etc.

Thanks,

Vikram