cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman 7.1 SP7 finding sold-to party when creating a new ZMIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Hi, I am configuring service desk in Solution Manager 7.1 SP7. When a user creats a new inicdent (ZMIN) he has to fill the field "sold-to party". This field is empty by default. Why? Because the IBase is empty too and in SPRO "Define Partner Determination Procedure" finding "sold-to party" is defined with parameter "Preceding Document --> SAP Service: Determination via IBase/ind. Object from Ref". So, no IBase no "sold-to party".

In Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 this construct works very well, because when setting the userparameters IBC and IIB a new incident (ZLFN) always uses this values as default IBase.

In Solution Manager 7.1 this userparameters are not working anymore. .

Is it possible to set a default "sold-to party" value, when a user creats a new ZMIN-Incident? Or is it possible to set a default IBase value?

thx for help!

Ragards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Solution Manager 7.1 you have to implement a BAdI to default the IBase, see the attached link.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1920837

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

sorry, but this BAdI is called to late. I have to set the default IBase when opening the new incident. Any ideas?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apart from enhancing the Web UI component in order to set the default values, no I'm not aware of any other way to achieve your target. That doesn't mean there isn't one, I just don't know it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you have to do it in SPRO "Define Partner Determination Procedure".

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ralph, could you elaborate on this? I'm looking to do the same and don't quite see where I set the default value.

Thanks kindly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

There is many ways to setup this by default

I like this:

Sold To party Depending on Reported By

in partner determination you need to change Access sequence for Sold To Party

Create sequence with Rule 14000148  ( ORGMAN_22 ).

Create root organization in tcode PPOCE

Now add all users in PPOMA_CRM to this org. unit

Test Rule in PFAC

Also you can make reported by - access sequence AIC1 Reported by -> Current User

Finally when Incident created and reported by filled automatically and Sold to party get filled automatically

Rg Dan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nicholas,

I use "Logged-On User as Business Partner" because IBC and IIB ist not working anymore.

Regards,

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan, if I understand your posting correct I can do one of two things:

1. Create the sequence, create the root org, add the users

OR

2. Change the access sequence so that it determines the Sold-To Party by the reported by field?

Thanks,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

You need to do both points.

• Create root organization - make it Service organization type ( sold-to-party )
  • Assign employes to this organization ( reported by )
  • Create access sequance with Rule 14000148 - ORGMAN_22
  • Assign this acess sequance to Sold-to-party in ZMIN partner determination procedure

Currently im working to write step-by-step document here, when finish I will post link here.

Rg Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Daniyar,

I have created access sequence with rule 14000148 and assign to sold to party in partner determination procedure.
Its working fine if message creator is same as reported by. but if one user create message and want to change reported by then its not picking reported by org unit.

For Example: we have scenario, some time end users call to support team or email to resolve any issue. our support team member need to create incident or service request and enter reported by of that user who email or call for help. when support person change reported by then sold to party remains unchanged and showing org unit who is basically creating message.

it seems that rule 14000148 determining org unit based on user who is creating ticket not then BP/User entered in Reported by field.

Is there any solution that we can determine org unit based on reported by field not on basis of message creator or user who is creating message

Thanks

Bilal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bilal,

This is because Determination is working only once.

It's a CRM thing you need to setup re-determination but it is a bit complicated.

Or you can do easer:

1) You can create own partner function Zxxx called End User,

2) Add this Zxxx to Partner Detemination

3) for the Sold-to-party change mapping from Reported by to Zxxx

4) add Zxxx to your Details View in WEB ui

5) now when you create incident reported by will bi filled by support team member and Sold-to-party will remain empty.

6) Support team member fill Zxxx => Sold-to-Party will be filled automatically according to org. structure.

---

Or you can just delete acces sequence for Reported By, so after ceating it will be empty.

Regards Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Daniyar,

Thanks, above points are quite helpful, Now I need help in access sequence. currently I am using "Business partner assigned to current user" in "source" of dialogue sequence. Now what it should be for new "Zxxx".

Thanks

Bilal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bilal,

Nothing leave it empty.

because this field you will use for manual input.

just map it right in Sold-to-party determination.

RG Daniyar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Completely agree with Daniyar.

Thanks

Sateesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Daniyar,

thanks.

to some extent my issue has been resolved but still facing one problem. When I entered partner function Zxxx in CRM_UI screen, sold to party also filled, but this happens only for 1st time. after that when I change partner function Zxxx then sold to party is not changing. even I also 1st remove sold to party and then enter partner Zxxx again but sold to party remains empty.

only one time it determines sold to party after that it stops determining sold to party till I cancel transaction and create new one.

Thanks for your cooperation, your points were very helpful

Regards

Bilal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Daniyar & Sateesh,

what's your opinion on my above point. that by changing "Reported By" no impact on "Sold to Party ".

Is this CRM UI bug?

Any configuration issue?

We have solution manager 7.1 with SP10

Please comment

Thanks

Bilal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bilal,

As I said before Sold-to-party determination works only once, this is CRM configuration.

If you want re-determination to work search SCN for this.

Its a CRM configuration.

Regards Daniyar

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniyar,

Have you crated the document yet on SCN which you were talking about above?

Thanks

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniyar,

I have same requirement in incident management i.e. sold to party auto determination based on reported by field. Reported by field auto determination is working fine but sold to party is not working.

We have two sold to party and based on Reported by field it should determine. Can you please post your detail step document or provide me any link.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for reminding this. Not yet

Br Daniyar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Step by step guide is not ready yet, may be we can help you here?

create seprate thread it will be easer to read and post link here.

Daniyar

ganievzm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Daniyar!

What about the your promissed step-by-step document ? 😉

Best regards,

Zavdat Ganiev