cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to launch WDA application in portal Die URL enthält keine vollständige Domainangabe

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have tried my best to integrate my WDA application in Portal WDA iview. But it looks like there is a very minute point I am missing. Following are the services I have activated as per help.sap.com.

default_host/sap/bc/webdynpro 

Here only the node itself must be activated, and not the subnodes.

/default_host/sap/public/bc

This node is activated automatically when the subnodes described below are activated. Likewise, here only the node itself must be activated, as well as the following subnodes:

/default_host/sap/public/bc/ur

/default_host/sap/public/bc/icons

/default_host/sap/public/bc/icons_rtl

/default_host/sap/public/bc/webicons

/default_host/sap/public/bc/pictograms

/default_host/sap/public/bc/webdynpro/* (ssr, mimes, etc.)

/default_host/sap/public/myssocntl

In addition to these standard WDA services the relevant application services must also be activated in the ICF tree. Usually, the service for application <application> can be found under the ICF node /default_host/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/<application>.

Using the WDA Development Environment

/default_host/sap/public/bc/webdynpro/viewdesigner

/default_host/sap/bc/wdvd/

The five ICF nodes below are needed only for the WDA environment. They are only allowed to be active in a development system, and on no account in a production system, as this poses a security risk.

/default_host/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/configure_application

/default_host/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/configure_component

/default_host/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/wd_analyze_config_appl

/default_host/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/wd_analyze_config_comp

/default_host/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/wd_analyze_config_user

WDA Test Applications for Error Analysis

/default_host/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/WDR_TEST_EVENTS

/default_host/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/wdr_test_ui_elements

/default_host/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/WDR_TEST_TABLE

/default_host/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/WDR_TEST_ADOBE

/default_host/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/wdr_test_popups_rt

I could able to launch application from my object navigation from SE80. But when I am trying to access the same I am getting dump. Please find the screenshot of the same.

I have tested the System Object connection and its working fine.

Please help me. Any type of help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Uday Kanike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

I don't know if you already translated the message, but it's complaining that the domain is incomplete, so it's possible this is an issue with portal server config. Below are a couple of useful links though that maybe can help you.

Cheers,

Amy

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

I have gone through help.sap.com and have done the basic configurations which are mentioned as activating few services. I still feel that the portal system is some how not establishing connectivity with WDA ABAP system. Actually here is detailed landscape.

1. I have a dual stack portal server with R/3 backend and Portal. On this portal i have created a System object and tested the connection test with WDA abap system. Its working fine.

2. I have  only ABAP stack on which I am developing WDA application. I have configured all the services and even created a FQDN but I doubt if I need to have a FQDN in this system or first move this object to Portal backend R/3 and then from there I need to access.

I feel that ABAP system with WDA application is not communicating with portal server because when I launch the application from this server, it shows different url pointing to its own host name.

However, when I try to launch WDA iView, I am able to see portal server url in the browser but in the error screen, its pointing to backend server. Do I have to create any RFC destination to establish connection between the two systems. I have also done this but not found to be lucky enough to see the error getting rectified.

Please help me with what point I am missing.

Thanks

Uday

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please someone suggest me any hint.

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Uday,

Are you able to access the application directly using the URL ?

Try restarting  your WAS.

Warm Regards,

Upendra Agrawal

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Upendra,

I could able to directly use URL from the WDA application but I am unable to launch WDA iview. It totally looks like integration problem.

Any other clues would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to use FQDNs for SSO to work between portal and backend. There are also restrictions on what domains are supported, minimum amount of characters in the top level domain name, etc. See the attached SAP note as a starting point.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1334956

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

When i saw your url you are using the IP addres. IP address are not used from 610.

Provide the FQDN of the host.

You need to perform two things

1. icm/host_name_full

2. also maintain the FQDN entry in host file.

Please check the below link :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/67/be9442572e1231e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Also check the sap note :

Note 677118 Fully Qualified Domain Names Check

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi