cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDO or table ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi masters, please could you help me again ?

I have to persist some master data on the MII side and I am not sure if the better way to persist it is using MDO or using simple database tables.

MDO objects persist data in a database table that I don´t need to know and care with it. It is a bennefit taking into account that it will update all the environments (DEV,QAS,PRD), but it can also be a problem if I need to add or remove some MDO attributes, change primary keys etc. I will need MDO Queryes to handdle the data.

Database table persist data in a database table that I will have to maintain in each environment.

please let me know what are your considerations about the better way to persist data, MDO objects or database tables ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Michel,

Actually it depends on how you want to use the master data. Here I am mentioning few points for the use of MDO based on my experience, hope it will help you to decide the perfect one.

1) You can't use any kind of relational structure in MDO (not available till Rel 12.2, may be available from next Rel 14.0). So if you want to use any relational structure with the Master data then MDO is not recommended.

2) MDO Use NetWeaver database. So if the volume of the master data is very high then I think MDO is not recommended, because then it will effect the performance of NetWeaver.

3) How frequent you are calling the MDO to access data, is also effect the performance of NetWeaver. So if there is any change of high data accessing (based on the frequency of hitting  the MDO to access the data), then MDO is not recommended.

Thanks & Regards,

Suman

Answers (0)