cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataFormatServiceInterface fails to run parseDataFormat

Former Member
0 Kudos

System: SAP ME 6.0.4.0

I am trying to work with the Barcode Data Format Maintenance and Floor Stock Receipt.

The online documentation describes all the configuration i have done in ME.

If I use the following source code in my own activity hook "NEW_BARCODE_PARSER" on item (Assembly Pt Parsing Activity:):

DataFormatParseRequest parseRequest = new DataFormatParseRequest();
parseRequest.setData("$xyz1%xyz2");
parseRequest.setFormat("TEST");

DataFormatServiceInterface service = (DataFormatServiceInterface)ServiceLocator.getService("DataFormatService");

DataFormatParseResponse dataFormatParseResponse = service.parseDataFormat(parseRequest);

DataFormatParseResponse dataFormatResponse = new DataFormatParseResponse();

dataFormatResponse.setDataFormatParsedMemberList(dataFormatParseResponse.getDataFormatParsedMemberList());

this.invocationContext.setResult(dataFormatResponse);

the DataFormatParseResponse for

service.parseDataFormat(parseRequest);

is always NULL

In standard activity hook "BARCODE_PARSER" the same...

Thats my Barcode Data Format Maintenance window:

Thats my Floor Stock Receipt window:

ME fails to put

xyz1 to TEST1

and

xyz2 to TEST2

Thanks for your help,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The data parsing service is meant to work with ISO Standard 15434 barcodes.  These have specific delimiters and it appears your string does not have them.  The qualifier is not the whole delimiter string.

Also, the Type 'Custom' is reserved for future releases.  It doesn't affect very much right now.

Since you seem to have a specific format, you should just use standard Java parsing logic to separate the pieces.  If your barcode is no ISO compliant, then the DataFormatService won't handle it.

Also, the Assy Pt Parsing Acitivity is generally not used with the ISO barcode parsing logic.  The activity allows you to parse any format you like.  I am not sure of the exact return sequence to get your parsed values into the fields TEST1 and TEST2.

Answers (0)