Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Receiver determination parameters in 7.11

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a scenario where based on partner number of Idoc , the receivers need to be determined .

For this i am using Extended receiver determination and parameters in Receiver determination,  as i do not have to touch the mapping everytime a new partner is added.

and in  mapping  i am passing this value as below:

But when i pass this value from RD, they are not picked  up by the binding that i have done in Operation mapping and give error .

Does parameters do not work in SAP PI 7.11 .

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201264
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

if you are Extended Receveir Determination, in the mapping you can use one RFC look up or JDBC lookup and maintain those value in the DB or ECC.

Then you can change the values in the DB or in the RFC of ECC no need to touch your mapping.

Regards,

Sreeni.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

robertot4s
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I can't see the second picture you have added.

I'm using parameters in receiver determinations with SAP PI 7.11 and they work fine:

Regards,

Roberto

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

I did that ..  but still its not working

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

I have one more question for you : Can i use more than one partner number for the same receiver

like rcvprn : X or Y or Z

and Party and component remains CERTIPOST and BS_Certipost.

Regards,

Ravi

robertot4s
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Did you write the text '$rcvprn$' in the Constant or did you use the help (like F4)? The correct way is the second.

Which error returns the mapping?

Regards,

Roberto

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The constants whose values you are maintaing in Interface Determination can only have one value at a time, not multiple. You need Lookups for this.

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello  Roberto ,

I write the text $rcvprn$ in the constant.....

i did not get your F4 .. how do you do that ?

Regards,

Ravi

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please find the below blog to know end to end Parametrized Mapping and the above procedure.

http://scn.sap.com/people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/14/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-parameteriz...