cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The SMD Agent is not able to connect the Satellite System (J2EE stack).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am configuring a managed system (Java Portal instance - which uses an ABAP UME in separate ABAP instance) in Solution Manager.  When running the Step 10 (Check Configuration) in Managed System Setup, an error is reported:

The SMD Agent is not able to connect the Satellite System (J2EE stack).

Action

Please check the JAVA Connect Parameters provided in the Managed System Setup Wizard for this System.

Details

java.rmi.RemoteException.Service call exception; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.InvalidResponseCodeException: Invalid Response Code: (401) Unauthorized. The requested URL was:"http://sapbjd01.<fqdn>:51013/SAPControl.cgi"

Check Context

Connectivity to managed systems | Agent connectivity | INSTANCE =JC10

All previous steps have been successfully complete and in a green state.  I presume the Java Connect parameters mentioned above, are from the System Parameters tab - the values I have are below.

The hostagent has been updated to latest available 720_EXT level.  The SMD agent is configured to create On-The-Fly agents for defined logical hostnames (which have separate IP addresses).

In the SMDAgentApplication log file there is the following error:

Dec 14, 2012 4:28:05 PM [Thread[SapStartSrv_sapbjd01_BJD_10,5,WILYH...] Warningcom.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.sapcontrol.SapControlAction - doRun: 

[EXCEPTION]

java.rmi.RemoteException: Service call exception; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.InvalidResponseCodeException: Invalid Response Code: (401) Unauthorized. The requested URL was:"http://sapbjd01.<fqdn>:51013"

at com.sap.smd.agent.wsclients.sapstartsrv.SAPControlStub.j2EEGetProcessList(SAPControlStub.java:2960)

at com.sap.smd.agent.wsclients.sapstartsrv.SAPControlStub.j2EEGetProcessList(SAPControlStub.java:2968)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.sapcontrol.SapControlAction.getJ2EEProcessList(SapControlAction.java:486)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.sapcontrol.SapControlAction.doRun(SapControlAction.java:913)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.AbstractAction.run(AbstractAction.java:85)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.Scheduler$RunnerAdapter.run(Scheduler.java:165)

at com.sap.smd.server.exec.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:46)

at com.sap.smd.server.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:785)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.InvalidResponseCodeException: Invalid Response Code: (401) Unauthorized. The requested URL was:"http://sapbjd01.<fqdn>:51013"

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.handleResponseMessage(MimeHttpBinding.java:998)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.call(MimeHttpBinding.java:1452)

at com.sap.smd.agent.wsclients.sapstartsrv.SAPControlStub.j2EEGetProcessList(SAPControlStub.java:2953)

... 8 more

Note I have two systems that have the same issue.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing the issue?

Regards,

Jason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is related to authentication connecting to the sapstartsrv for the JC10 instance.

For the mean time, it has been resolved by removing the parameter "service/protectedwebmethods" from the default profile of the JC10 instance.  However I note that according to OSS note 1439348 the recommended value for this is SDEFAULT (which is what it was previously).

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

It clearly given the error as unauthorized....

Invalid Response Code: (401) Unauthorized.

Please check the auth for the user maintained in system parameters has enough auth, also the user you using for solman_Setup has enough auth and also check the smd_Admin user which used for register your smd to solman has the enough auth

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Diagnostics+Agents

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jansi,

Thank you for your response.

The user I am using for SOLMAN_ADMIN, so has all the workcenter roles, as well as SAP_J2EE_ADMIN, and SAP_ALL/SAP_NEW profiles.

The user I'm specifying in the system parameters screen is J2EE_ADMIN which has the SAP_J2EE_ADMIN role and SAP_ALL/SAP_NEW profiles.  Also the actions as specified in OSS Note 1647157 - How to Set up Access to the SPML Service on AS Java have been assigned to it.

SMD_ADMIN is only used for registering the diagnostics agents with the SLD and the managing system (solution manager) and this is working correctly.

Hence I don't believe these are the current issue.

Regards,

Jason