Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in automatic accounting document generation

mohan_goru
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's

Here we had a scenarion where the accounting document delayed for one day

We created the invoice on 27.11.2012 and the line item in the billing document is only one service material the accounting document has been generated automatically on 28.11.2012

Mainly we used the material on 27th only for this billing document.

Let us know the reason why it has been delayed for 1 day.

Regards,

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vikramp
0 Kudos

Please review the scenario for impacted documents. If there are multiple billing for same sales document, the accounting document will post for one immediately however other wont be immediate.

Regards

Vikram

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Appreciate helping the members but at the same time, please see you respond to a latest discussion and not to an old one like this thereby, it pushed to top of the discussion area.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What was the date and time for the above two changes ?

G. Lakshmipathi

mohan_goru
Participant
0 Kudos

The date and time for the above two changes are mentioned below    

Date                 Time              Sales Promotion

28.11.2012      02:24:36           Billing date for billing index and printout changed
28.11.2012      02:24:36           Translation Date changed

Regards,

Mohan Kumar.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

accounting document has been generated automatically on 28.11.2012

No chance I would say unless there was some manual intervension via VF02 / VFX3.   By the way, can you let me know how you have identified it has been generated automatically ??

G. Lakshmipathi

mohan_goru
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thank you for your reply, you are right there were some changes has been carried out on 28.11.2012 is it because of this the accounitng document getting generated on 28.11.2012

means without any delay..??

Point II: Every time the movement we save the billing document it will generate the Accounting also, in that case i thought of it got generated automitaically correct me if iam wrong.

Regards,

Mohan

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there were some changes has been carried out on 28.11.2012

What changes ??

You should be aware the general system behaviour is if any posting block is set to billing type, system wont generate the corresponding accounting document.  Later, manual release will happen.  Otherwise, as and when billing documents are saved, accounting document will be generated then and there.  In your case also, I doubt, the one billing document you were referring to, could have some data missing due to which, user can save the invoice but accounting document would not have generated.  Subsequently, after maintaining the missing data in billing document and saved, accounting document would have been generated.

G. Lakshmipathi

mohan_goru
Participant
0 Kudos

These are the two changes which i found in the Environment>>Changes

1.Billing date for billing index and printout changed

2.Translation Date changed

Regards,

Mohan.