cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion needed for Bulk Documents upload

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Requirement: Our client wants to Create documents (with Matl. image file in DIR) and Object link - Material. The Document number shall be the same as 'Material code' created in SAP.

I was told the client will probably deal with creating couple thousands of New Material codes each year. So, I was searching for a BAPI where we can have a Program for Automatic creation of documents. I was refering to below links in the forum:

http://scn.sap.com/message/9521081 - suggests use of 'BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2' for Bulk document creation.

Note: I checked that 'BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATE2' is an Obsolete version as of Release 4.6C & the latest we have is 'BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATEFROMSRC2' if I am right.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1949844 - I was refering to this link and it refers to SAP note 817743 where I see that the Document numbers for the Document type shall be only 'External number range' and '....The following document numbers are numbered in ascending order.' I don't think we want to go with this option as we want the document# also to be populated automatically based on the value given for the field in the Excel file.

http://scn.sap.com/message/9521081 - Has anyone used - 'SEAL systems DMS loader product' as mentioned in this linkl??

So, Please let me know if I can use 'BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATEFROMSRC2' for the client requirement as mentioned above, with the source document being the Excel file which we prepare with relevant field values for 'Bulk Upload'.

-thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sdn sap,

Clarify couple of points to help you further.

1) Your master data team will create new material codes (thousands) every year. They need an automated way of creating DIRs, with same document number as that of material code and uploading originals. Is that what you want to do?

2) You want to link these newly created DIRs to be linked with the material master which are newly created. Am I right?

Clarify these points and then I'll respond.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Amaresh,

1. Yes, the document number created shall be the same as matl. code. I believe we can give the matl. code and matl. description value for 'DOKNR' and 'DKTXT' while doing the bulk upload. And, to upload the Original file into DIR - I am going to use the 'FILEP1' field.

2. Yes, DIR need to be linked to the Material Master. For - DIR to be linked to the Material Master - We will have the field values of MATNR & DKTXT in 'Object Links' tab in the Excel file used for upload.

Please let me know your thoughts.

-thanks

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sdn,

1. Yes, the document number created shall be the same as matl. code. I believe we can give the matl. code and matl. description value for 'DOKNR' and 'DKTXT' while doing the bulk upload. And, to upload the Original file into DIR - I am going to use the 'FILEP1' field. 

Use LSMW for this step. Its pretty easy & simple.

2. Yes, DIR need to be linked to the Material Master. For - DIR to be linked to the Material Master - We will have the field values of MATNR & DKTXT in 'Object Links' tab in the Excel file used for upload.

Again, use LSMW for this step as well.

So you'll have two LSMWs one for mass uploading and another for object linking with material master.

This fulfills you requirement.

Best Regards,

Amaresh Makal

former_member210673
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amaresh,

Thanks a lot for your swift response and inputs. Let me check with the ABAP'er once again just to make sure.

By the way, Is - 'BAPI_DOCUMENT_CREATEFROMSRC2' a ruled out option in this case?. I would like to know why.

-thanks

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sdn sdn,

I'm not ruling it out. You can go ahead with BAPI.

In my personal experience, In this scenario, I felt LSMW is much comfortable and easy.

Regards,

Amaresh Makal

Answers (0)