cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add custom fields to Sales UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to add custom fields in Item Tab of Sales Order. The webdynpro component is FPM_OIF_COMPONENT, and the webdynpro application is LO_OIF_MAIN_APP with configuration id LO_OIF_SDOC_EHP5.

Basically there are 2 things in my mind on how to perform this task:

1. Enhance the configuration id LO_OIF_SDOC_EHP5

2. Copy the configuration id LO_OIF_SDOC_EHP5

Can anyone tell me which is the best practice to perform this task? Is there any other possible way?

However I still don't understand what is the difference between enhancing and copying the configuration because it seems that both method creates new Z configuration. Really appreciate if anyone can explain the concept of configuration enhancement.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Leo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193369
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Leo,

the answer to this question depends on the release you are on:

For Netweaver 7.01 and 7.02 configuration enhancements are indeed copies of the enhanced configuration. But the application of this copy is managed by the system. And this has some advantages. If you simply copy the configuration you have to copy the application configuration as well and adjust it so that the copied floorplan configuration is referenced there. And then you have to adjust all places where the application is called from in order to assure that your copied application is called.

This is all not necessary by using the enhancement because the enhancement is automatically applied when the original application is started.

Starting with release 7.03/7.31 enhancements are no longer simple copies. They will contain only the delta to the original configuration - therefore enhanced applications will reflect patches or added functionality delivered by SAP even after the enhancement has been developed.

So independent of the release in most use-cases enhancements are preferable to copies - from 7.03/7.31 the advantages of enhancements will even grow.

Regards,

Christian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your answer, it is very helpful.

However I'm still facing an issue related to custom field (Z-field). I am able to display standard field through configuring UIBB, but this does not work for the custom field (Z-field). During configuration mode, the custom field has been successfully added and shown in UIBB preview, unfortunately this does not happen when the application is running. Only the standard fields appear.

I followed the following steps to add the custom field:

http://scn.sap.com/people/frank.tycner/blog/2011/08/07/internal-sales-representative-isr-as-of-sap-e...

Thank you.

Regards,

Leo