Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP workflow approvers table

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know there is a table that userids have to be in to allow them to see transports that they create so they can release them and even transport them ou of DEV into QA. I am looking for the name of this table to insert the userids into and they have the security roles just not their name in that approvers table. Please help?!

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I've not seen this before in standard SAP.  Can your Basis team shed any light on how this has been set up?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps you are refering to the transport workflow solution and the concept of "agents" for representing who they are directed to?

I am not aware of any "user check table" and generally such tables are a very stupid solution in the medium to long run as you cannot monitor a myriad of tables nor easily provision / deprovision them without lots of custom complications. Rather avoid that!

What does however exist is customizing options for the QA procedures. You can access this via the STMS system overview and hit the icon of the hat and then "QA Procedures". The optional checkbox for "released by owner (of the request)" will check that the creator or subsequent owner is also the user ID performing the approval. For this reason, changing the owner checks whether the recipient is authorized to be an owner as they must then do the QA step.

ps: This however only really makes sense if the production system is the domain controller and the folks doing imports cannot debug with the go-to-statement check, as otherwise they can simply not execute the user name validation.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found my answer. It is agent setup and very unique to my company. Thanks

0 Kudos

As mentioned, user based "check tables" should be avoided if possible. They bite you in the bum later on...  🙂  (unless you have a central one)

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

thanks for the info. I found what I was looking for In Tcode pfac_chg then changing the applicable rule to add an administrator.