cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Contract price transferred from SRM-MDM Catalog to ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've set up an SRM-MDM Catalog which is transferred to ECC for creating in ECC the purchase requisitions.

Then, in the 'Contract' table I've informed following fields:

• Supplier (NQ)
  • Start validity period (NQ)
  • End validity period (NQ)
  • Contract ID (NQ). I leave this field empty always. In fact, I'm using the Contract table as the Prices table.
  • Contract item ID (Q)
  • Price Base Quantity (Q)
  • Price Base Quantity UoM (Q)
  • Lower Bound (Q)
  • Amount (Q)
  • Currency (Q)
  • Discount type (Q)
  • Discount (Q)
  • Obsolete (Q)

Obsolete field is automatically calculated based on the validity period.

IF(START_DATE>SYSTIME(0) OR END_DATE < SYSTIME(0),TRUE,FALSE)

The formula is correct, and now, for example I have 3 prices for the same supplier:

Supplier X, 01/01/11, 31/12/11, 90€, Obsolete = TRUE

Supplier X, 01/01/12, 31/12/12, 100€, Obsolete = False

Supplier X, 01/01/13, 31/12/13, 120€, Obsolete = TRUE

Then, into the catalog I've created a named search with obsolete = False and I only see the prices not obsolete - OK!

The problem comes when I transfer the Shopping Cart to ECC.

Automatically, the system transfer the first price created into the table, it doesn't matter if it's obsolete or not.

In the example, it will transfer price 90€, although it's from last year and you only see the price for year 2012, which is 100€.

Do you know why it's transferring an obsolete price to the purchase requisition in ECC and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Carlos Santamaría.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is solved.

It was due to wrong data entered into the fields Contract and Contract item.

Only when there are scale prices the contract item can be repeated.

Otherwise, each price must have a different contract item. Then, there will be a unique valid price for each contract item.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Any idea? suggestion on how to solve my problem with price's selection?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Let me tell you my understanding of your scenario.

You are syndicating records from MDM system but only the first price value is updated in the ECC irrespective of Obsolete indicator. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Can you please check the XML for the record syndicated and see if all 3 values are being syndicated to ECC? I am assuming that idocs are being sent to ECC system through PI. Please check if all the 3 prices are being sent in the idoc. If yes, then idoc processing program is not picking as per your expectation.

Please check and let me know your observations.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Thanks for your reply, but I'm not using Idocs with PI.

We've created a Web Service in ECC that connects to MDM Catalog.

Then, in ECC, the user goes to transaction ME51N Create Purchase Requisition, press the button 'Catalog' and call the SRM-MDM Catalog.

Then, the user display all materials with its prices and choose one. The obsolete prices are not displayed, then the user always select a valid price. 

I'm not sure, but may be it could be solved if I create the field 'Obsolete' as Non Qualifier field, instead of Qualifier as it is now.

I imagine the system order the prices by the NQ fields.

The problem is that all materials are already uploaded and I will need to update all prices.

Regards,

Carlos.