cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Function modules generated while running SMARTFORMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I'm facing an issue where duplicate function modules are generated while running SMARTFORMS  in Sandbox Server.

Please find below the details.

Server: Sandbox Server

Task : Activating and running Smartforms

FM generated : /BCDWB/SF00000560

DUP FM : /BCDWB/SF00000561

Issue:

Duplicate function modules are generated while running Smartforms. And this observation is only seen in "Sandbox Server".

I checked the table STXFADMI.

For some smartforms, Field FMNUMBD is getting filled with duplicate Function module

For some smartforms, Field FMNUMBD is blank.

Questions:

1. What is the importance of Table fields FMNUMBD of the table STXFADMI ?

2. How we can stop the duplicate Function module generation when it is not required ?

Friends,

Request you to please look into the Issue.

Thanks & Regards

Vivek Batta

Yash Technologies

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First check the correction report of OSS Note 568187 - Forms with the same generated function module. Even if your description of the problem is not identical, this tool may help you.

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond and Edgar,

Thanks for your response.

However, the Issue faced by me here is different from the support Note - 568187.

Issue is : One smart form generating 2 function modules  and this duplicate entry of Function Module can be seen in the Table STXFADMI , Field FMNUMBD.

Edgar,

I can see the duplicate generation of Function Modules when the Form is Activated. These duplicate copies of Function Modules correspond to 1 Form only. The same can be verified from Table STXFADMI for our corresponding Smartfrom.

I've also pasted a screen-shot of Table STXFADMI above for reference just in case.

Request you to please look into this.

Thanks & Regards

Vivek Batta

Yash Technologies

edgar_nagasaki
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Interesting case but, for sure, there's a std. program to adjust it.

But please correct me if I'm wrong, I noticed in your screen-shot before, you have 3 different forms listed there, isn't it?

Edgar

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Theorically the second number relates to a test FM generated for a non-activated smartforms, if that is not the case, you should raise an OSS message.

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

Thanks for your response.

I tested this issue with a single form and also by creating a new forms. So, the testing went on for different forms but with the same result -> Generation of duplicate FM for same smartform.

Fields : FMNUMB and FMNUMBD both contain a different number for Smartform Function Module.

Regards

Vivek Batta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for your response. I tried testing the scenario and have come to an inference that this is a regular behavior from SAP. Tested both in ECC 4.7 and 6.0

Please go through the below link for detailed information.

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Smartforms/FM/Index.htm

Thanks & Regards

Vivek Batta

Yash Technologies

edgar_nagasaki
Contributor
0 Kudos

Vivek,

So, in the end, you didn't really have an issue?

Regards,

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I take it as issue resolved since new results came into picture

Thanks much for your inputs ...

Regards

Vivek Batta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

edgar_nagasaki
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Such /1BCDWB/SF* function modules are generated at time form is created/generated and it sounds strange your conclusion that you have 2 different FMs for same form (maybe /BCDWB/SF00000561 corresponds to another form). So a question, how did you reach this conclusion, is SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME FM returning more than one function module name?

Never saw this before but, maybe, you could have an inactive version in your system, try to reactivate it (just a guess).

Regards,

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue is occuring in other systems as well

Regards

Vivek Batta

Yash Technologies