cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS Visual Composer 7.3 query to ORACLE database.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating a bpm process using VC7.3 screens. I need some information that is stored in an Oracle database, so I try to find a way to get data from the oracle db.

I am trying to do so, using JDBC Stored procedures. I have done the steps below according to the guides

In the NWA side:

1. Deploy New JDBC Driver
  2. Add a reference to the JDBC Connector
  3. Create a new JDBC Custom DataSource
  4. Define a new Destination

In the NWDS side I have sucessfully connected to my database, and I can see the tables and the data of the database. For testing, I created a stored procedute to the oracle, thats has one input and one output. I drag and drop my stored procedure at the VC model and everything seems ok.

BUT:

If I try to test the stored procedure, after clicking the test button i do not get any result only the message: Could execute stored procedure next

If I deploy a test example, in the runtime I also get the same error:

Error in connection:Could execute stored procedure next

Error Occurred  while executing the service: Error in connection:Could execute stored procedure next

Any ideas what I might have been missing? Is it a connection problem or something else? Can you suggest a way to get data from the oracle db?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Just to add that, the stored procedure I have created at Oracle is: 

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE TEST

(

company_in IN VARCHAR2,

c_users   OUT SYS_REFCURSOR

) AS

BEGIN

OPEN c_users FOR

SELECT * FROM TEST WHERE company = company_in;

END TEST;

It works fine If I try it at oracle.

When I run the stored procedure from the NWDS using datasource explorer, I get the error:

Missing IN or OUT parameter at index:: 1

So, my problem is a connection problem or the way I have created the stored procedure? Thanks.

0 Kudos

My problem is, that I cannot return VARCHAR2 values from the oracle db. I tried with number and dates and the connection and the stored procedure works fine when i test the SP into the visual composer, but in the runtime i cannot see any values. Maybe because the output is of type result? Can you provide me sample code of a stored procedure that returns a recordset and can be used within VC?

0 Kudos

Hi Alexandros,

I have the same problem.Did you find any solution? Please help

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you please try with a different type, such as VARCHAR instead of varchar2? I hope this helps to isolate the problem.

Thanks,

Udi