cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC user is getting locked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a RFC (ABAP Connection) in our PI Box which is used to communicate between PI and R/3 System. The User used in the RFC of the PI Box exists in the R/3 System. Recently we had a password reset activity where the password is changed. After the activity the password is maintained in all the other RFC's of the PI Box where the USER is used and also in the RFC Communication channel of the PI Box where the USER is used.

But still we are receiving the Error in SM58 as "User is locked . Please notify the person responsible". We are are unable to find the cause of the issue. As a temporary workaround we are unlocking the USER in the R/3 and manually processing the SM58 entries. But again after sometime we are receiving the same issue and the temporary workaround is repeated.

We want to find the root cause of the issue. Please let me know where i can find the  cause of the user getting locked.

Thanks,

Kalyan Batabyal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan

What is your user type - is it a Dialog or communication  ? For these two users types mutiple login is not permissible. Set the user type to  "system" and check the following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/52/67119e439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Regards,

Dipam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipam,

Thanks for your reply.

The user type is maintained as "System".

When i checked the Logs of dev_rfc in ST11 i found the following logs -

**** Trace file opened at 20121213 021315 CET, by disp+work

**** Versions SAP-REL 711,0,152 RFC-VER U 3 1297884 MT-SL

======> User is locked. Please notify the person responsible

ABAP Programm: SAPLERFC (Transaction: )

Called function module: ARFC_DEST_SHIP

User: PIAFUSER (Client: 500)

Destination: SIN_MP1990_PiInterfaceing (handle: 2, 65832574, {50C874DF-E07B-1E0F-E100-00001A600ABB})

SERVER> RFC Server Session (handle: 1, 69596555, {50C8EA5E-FB31-1E10-E100-00001A600ABB})

SERVER> Caller host:

SERVER> Caller transaction code:  (Caller Program: SAPLQOWK)

SERVER> Called function module: ARFC_RUN_NOWAIT

Please let me know as i am unable to find out the cause of the User getting locked.

Thanks,

Kalyan

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Hope you are doing good.

Kindly check the SAP Note #1493272 in detail which lists the steps needed to be done when such a issue occurs. Incase of a ABAP server, youwill ned to activate the system tracing (/nst01, sm20 /nsm19 etc.) and the /nSTAD would provide some information as well.

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Kind Regards,

Hemanth