cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete all entries in the Product Catalog table

anthony_bateman3
Participant
0 Kudos

I have been testing how to import records into the product catalogue. I have over 7000 records in there, and I want to delete them but due to dependencies I don't seem to be able to do this in one bulk operation. Is there a way to do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about Exporting only the MDM schema  then delete the repository and reimport the mdm schema. Then the records will not be available anymore.

anthony_bateman3
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, that works, thanks 🙂

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

I am with above post from Tommy Lee that easiest way would be to Archive MDM repository and select to transfer only Schema for the repository. You need to follow below steps:

• Click on Archive in MDM console(for concerned repository).
  • Do verify(if required).
  • Enter MDS password.
  • Select appropriate Name for saving Archive file and on the dialog box, select "Options".
  • It will open another dialog box. Select the option "Schema Only".
  • Press OK to start archive.

Once archiving is done, you can delete(unmount) the existing repository from the server and unarchive new one. This will have only repository structure and records won't be there.

Caution: During schema only archive, matching strategies etc might not be copied(i am not sure of this), please verify this thing once before deleting the existing repository.

Please let us know your observations after performing these steps.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

anthony_bateman3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Thanks for the extra detail; appreciated.

BR,

Tony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

Are you trying to delete records or import them into MDM system ?

If you are trying to delete records, how are you doing so? Please provide more details. Are you selecting Ctrl+A and hitting delete ?

You might also have lookup flat or qualified tables associated as well which might cause error.

If you are trying to import records into MDM system, please tell how ? Do you have an excel sheet with all 7000 records? Loading records into MDM repository is possible through import Manager. If this is a one-time work you can import them without creating/saving a map, but if you wish to import records regularly then its better to create a map.

Please furnish more details.

Regards,

Ali

anthony_bateman3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

I had imported the records using the import manager; it is the deletion of those that was the issue.

Problem now resolved below, but thanks for your posting.

Kind Regards,

Tony.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

You have to create a map in import manager first with single line item and save this map after successful upload in the repository.

After this, you can import all the records in single time using same map.

Thanks

Ravi