Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choose exchange rate value in VA01

PedroMariano
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is is possible to choose the exchange rate value in VA01, as in FB01?

My goal is, if the client has a different currency from the company currency, a tab with the same amount in the company currency appears and its value can be changed, as in FB01.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Pedro Mariano

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to put the exchange rate in SO level also. You can check that there is a field called "Exchange Rate" at the header level. You can see this field in the "Sales" tab at header level or at the Billing tab.

NB:-- Hi, The field is "Doc. Currency" in Sales tab in the header level. Here you select the field which is after the curency field. If your customer currency and company code currency are different, then you can put your cursor, and on F4, you should be able to enter the exchange rate.

Message was edited by: Navaneetha Krishnan

PedroMariano
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Navannetha, that is the field I was looking for and it is similar to the one existing in FI.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally exchange rate would be considered for FI postings which means, from SD side, you need to validate before saving the billing document.  Can you please let me know why you want a different rate in sale order itself.

G. Lakshmipathi

PedroMariano
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Lakshmipathi.

In this case, when an order is made, the commercial do two things:

- checks the amount in the other currency by the exchange rate;

- defines the amount in the other currency agreed with the client (the exchange rate will not be update very often).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

I had faced a similiar requirement earleir, the solution agreed was :-

1. Agree with th client on a excahnge rate type,  OB08, standard exchange rate type = "M".Mutually agreed with the client that we will manitain the agreed exchange rates with customer for exchange rate type = "G".

2. This exchange rate type "G" will be maintained in the customer master "sales area data".

So the sales order which you will create for this customer will have the exchange rate maintained for exchangerate type "G".

Note:- the exchange rate type is a non editable in the sales order, if you create a sales order with exchange rate type G you cannot change it in VA02, you will have to write to code for that.

Please let me know your response on teh same.

Warm Regards

AK