cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug adapter module?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I'm developing an adapter module, it makes me crazy because only after it is deployed to the server, can I test it. So I cannot get the runtime information, it's really terrible to find some furtive bugs.

Any help?

Regards,

Hui

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189719
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hui,

where you able to sucessfully debug? I have done remote debugging from Eclipse connecting to a J2EE engine remotely. I am going to try the same things with NWDS and the Web AS J2EE engine. What Akshay said is a good way to do it... will let you know after I try.

If you have already tried it sucessfully do let me know.

Dilip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

I didn't try Akshay' way, because currently I have no authority to restart the server. I only can do this when I'm 100% sure that it works and will not bring other problems. So if you make it successfully, let us know.

Thanks!

Hui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hui,

I would suggest you use Logs and traces for debugging , Audit logs being one best option.

Debugging after restarting the server in Debug mode from NWDS, I think would not be recommended option as you will again have to restart it to bring it to normal mode so always 2 restarts will be reqd....Also this option probably works only if you specify a starting point as a web resource in NWDS i guess...not so sure abt this...

so if you use Audit Logs then you can see them at

http://host:port/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

and if logs then you will have to check the defualtTrace file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hui,

I hv tried it and it works fine...u can count on me for tht......

Regards,

Akshay

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hui,

One way to simulate debugging would be to use the Trace object....

I have not used the trace object from with the adapter module (i just had to write one till now)...

And add messages to the Trace....check these messages from within monitoring...

note: i was not able to find a way to get handle to the Trace object from within the adapter module.....if someone has done that ..please let us know...

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hui,

For debugging, yu hv to activate debugging option on the server. Then goto NWDS, open the debuggin option. Hr u hv to select the 'Remote J2EE or Java applications'...I don;t remeber exactly. Provide the ip addr of the server on which ur module is deployed. Give the debuggin port which u provide in the server. Then goto the debugging perspective, provide a breakpoint and start a real time debugging.

For activating debugging on the server, u hv to got the ConfigTool which is offline version of Visual admin, thr I guess u hv to select on the servers tab or 'Global Configuration' smthing like tht...inside tht u hv a Debugging tab. nder this tab, u hv to activate the debuggin and the port.

Regards,

Akshay

After actovating the debug option, restart the server and then start the debugging.

Message was edited by:

Akshay Salunke

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

depends on what you want to debug:

if you just work on XML payload of the message or the message you can

test it in your own IDE as you just use the same libraries to parse

XML and see erors results

if you want to test setting or getting adapter specific attributes

then there is no easy way to debug without deploying I guess

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the below link if it usefull only...

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700003237612005E/HowToCreateAdapterModules.pdf

Regards

Chilla..

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

this doc has nothing to do with debugging (without deploying)it only shows

how to build a simple adapter module and check

the debug log after the deploy

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>