Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order text update to the referenced sales orders

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a weird issue here.

We have created some text entries at header and item level in a sales order say, sales order no.1111 and created delivery also.

Subsequently we referenced this SO 1111 and created another sales orders no.2222 SO no. 3333 in which the same text flows from SO 1111 while creation.

Now after some times if make any text updation in SO 1111, it gets updated automatically to its referenced SO's 2222 & 3333, though I never opened/changed this SO's 2222 & 3333.

How is this possible? Is it a std SAP behvior? If so then how can I control the system to not to update the texts like this at both header & item level.

Pls help.

thanks,

Jagan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

While copying Text from one Doucment to another, you have two options:

1. Reference - here the Text in subsequent document is just referred to Original Document & thus every change in Text in Original Doucment is reflected in Subsequent document.

2. Duplication - here to Text is created again in subsequent doucment & it is not linked to Text in Original doucment. Thus when the Text is changed in Original Document, the duplicated text is not impacted.

The setting for this is lies in assignment of Text ID to Text Procedure. Here you have a check box for Reference/Duplication.

If you put a Tick mark in the Check box, system will Reference the Text & any change in original text will reflect in all the subsequently created documents. Thus in your case you will have to remove the tick from this Check box, so the Text will be copied, but any change in Original Document will not be reflected in subsequent document.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check the following configuration in T.code- VOTXN there is Check Box Called Reference/Duplicate if it is Activated the Above Functionality will work.

Sivavasireddy

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

But my requirement is quite opposite.

System can copy the text once but should not update all the time from mohter sales order to the childen one.

Pls read my msg fully.

Thanks.