cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting up saprouter windows service - ntscmgr is not recognized

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm doing new installation for saprouter, I have already register my machine with sap and follow this guide http://service.sap.com/saprouter-sncdoc for the installation process.

But i could not setting up SAProuter service(windows) using this command line, as refer to note 525751

ntscmgr install saprouter -b C:\usr\sap\saprouter\saprouter.exe -p "service -r -W 60000 -R <path>\saprouttab -K ^p:CN=PHOENIX, OU=0000722832, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE^"

it's say ntscmgr is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue ?

Kind Regards,

Safwat Tahir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Safwat,

The reason for this error is most probably that there is no ntscmgr.exe and this needs to be configured.

Kindly review our following SAP Notes on how to start the SAProuter process.

30289 - SAProuter documentation
525751 - Installation of the SNC SAPRouter as NT Service
618053 - Download Location for NTSCMGR.EXE

The access to SAPNet R/3 Frontend using Tcd OSS1 is no longer available since April 2006.

Your SAProuter connection to SAP is being used for the following processes:
      Problem analysis and / or service delivery on customer systems
      Transfer Early Watch Alert data
      Data exchange via SAP Note Assistant
      Service connection reservation
      Customer messages via Solution Manager
      Access to SAPNet R/3 Frontend

In order to maintain and open the service connection for SAP Support to access your systems, please use the following link in the SAP Support Portal (see also SAP Notes 31515 and 812732):
http://service.sap.com/access-support -> Maintain Connections -> [SID]
-> Open/Close Connections: <R/3 Support>

You can test your connectivity to SAP in SM59 -> R/3 Connections / Abap

Connections -> SAPOSS -> Test Connection (see also SAP Note 33135).

I hope this information helps you out.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abbishek,

Thanks for the helpful reply, I just find out in note  41054 - Installation of the SNC SAPRouter as NT Service

but there is another problem, I couldn't start SAProuter service "Windows could not start the SAProuter service on Local Computer. Error 5: Access is denied."

Thanks and Regards,

Safwat Tahir

0 Kudos

Dear Safwat,

You should install the SNC saprouter as NT service using the earlier recommended SAP note 525751 instead of note 41054, which is for non-SNC connection.

In case you are still getting issues then you can raise an OSS message in the component XX-SER-NET-HTL.

It could be your Saprouter started from service is not configured correctly. Are you able to start your Saprouter manually using command ?

Please stop the saprouter process with command ' saprouter -s ' and restart it using the following options.  Please type in one line and keep a space after the comma.

saprouter -r -V 2 -K "p:CN=INBL5S07, OU=0001254733, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE"

Try to test the RFC connection to SAPOSS via transaction SM59  -> R/3 Connections /ABAP -> Connections -> SAPOSS -> Test Connection
(see also  SAP note 33135) and send us the following information in the message, in order for us to troubleshoot  the connection problem:

-> Output of the command 'sapgenpse'
-> Output of the command 'sapgenpse get_my_name -n all'
-> Output of the command 'sapgenpse seclogin -l'
-> Output of the commands
    INBL5S07# niping -c -O -S 3299 -H 194.39.131.34
    INBL5S07# niping -c -H /H/INBL5S07/H/194.39.131.34/H/194.39.131.34
-> File of dev_rout (after the test access to SAPOSS)
-> File of saprouttab
-> Technical settings in transaction OSS1(Parameter ->Technical Settings)

Kind Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I have delete my SAPRouter service using sc delete SAPRouter and delete the registry key in HKLM\SYSTEM|CurrentControlSet\Services and reboot the system.

But when I use this command back ntscmgr install saprouter -b C:\usr\sap\saprouter\saprouter.exe -p "service -r -W 60000 -R C:\usr\sap\saprouter\saprouttab -K ^p:CN=PHOENIX, OU=0000722832, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE^"

its's still say ntscmgr is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.

In the note 618053, its say SAP no longer recommends using ntscmgr.exe to manipulate services. Use sc.exe instead.

When I check the certificate using sapgenpse get_my_name -v -n Issuer

PSE <v2> open ok

Retrieving my certificate... ok

Getting requested information... ok

SSO for USER "sapadmin"

with PSE file "C:\usr\sap\saprouter\local.pse"

Issuer : CN=SAProuter CA, OU=SAProuter, O=SAP, C=DE

Regards,

Safwat

0 Kudos

Dear Safwat,

Yes, as of Windows Server 2003, Microsoft delivers sc.exe as part of the operating system, which covers all the functionality (and more) implemented in ntscmgr.exe.

Therefore, if you are using Windows Server 2003 or higher then you should instead use sc.exe

Further information about configuring this is in note 618053 itself.

eg.

sc.exe create <service> binPath= "<PathToServiceExecutable>

someParameters" type= own start= auto

Please check the note in detail.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Can I use this command sc.exe create SAPRouter binPath= "C:\usr\sap\saprouter\saprouter.exe service -r -R C:\usr\sap\saprouter\SAPROUTTAB" start= auto obj= "NT AUTHORITY\LocalService"

is this right ? and another one, do I need to create saprouttab or it will create automatically ?

and how to create saprouttab ?

0 Kudos

Hi Safwat,

You can find all related information in Note 525751 and 618053 and the other referenced notes in both of these notes. Please check in detail.

Providing all the information again here in this thread would be quite tough.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek

Answers (0)