cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to perform APO realignment after new CVC's have already been created?

0 Kudos

Hi,

We changed the delivery plant on around 600 materials at the end of last month.  When we looked in APO this month, we have new CVC's created for all of our old history with the new deliverying plant, as well as all the old history with our old deliverying plant.   Is it possible to use realignment in APO at this point?   Or is there some other way we need to correct our old data?

Regards,
Karen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can. In fact, it is one of the main uses of the transaction, others being for instance copying CVCs. But changing the plant of existing CVCs is perfectly ok for realignement. But of course, make a backup first!

Thanks,

J.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Private_Member_738444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

Going forward are both new plant  & old plant needs to be maintained for all 600 materials?

Now as all 600 materials exists for both new & old plants, what is the correction you want to make?

Regards

Kumar

0 Kudos

Kumar,

Right now all the data in my cube has changed to "new plant" as the delivery plant = distribution center.  So I have duplication of data in interactive planning from the data in the cube  that I loaded.  (forecasting /sales history from old plant still exists in interactive planning along w/ sales history now from new plant data).   Right now my sales history is doubled for these products.   All the historical forecasting data still resides  though in Live Cache under "old plant" and I need it to be copied over into "new plant", so then I can maybe delete out those old CVC's or change values to zero?  

Does that explain it better?

Karen  

Private_Member_738444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

In case the old characteristic value (old plant) CVC's are to be totally deleted, it could be done by going to MPOS & then filtering all line items having the old plant characteristic values & deleting them all in mass.

I think, earlier while doing the realignment step, 'delete data soruce' was left unchecked which didn't delete the old characteristic value & lead to duplication of CVC's with old plant as well as new plsnt.

Please try it & see if this works.

Regards

Kumar

0 Kudos

Kumar,

I didn't perform realignment  - I changed  master data in ECC, and when BW pulled the new sales history into my cube that I loaded into my planning areas to which  it read the new plant and created new CVC's for the materials.   All my forecasting history is still on the old plants CVC's.   I need a way to transfer the old forecast history to the new CVC's that currently have sales history now against them in my planning area.   I thought about just copying them in interactive planning, and then deleting out the old forecasting data.   To rephase my inital question - I was wondering if in this instance it's too late to use the realignment tool to pull in the old data into the new CVC's?

Regards,

Karen