Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB License for DMS

krishan_yadav2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Though its not a technical query but its quite necessary to know.

I have 2 queries:

1) Document Management System (DMS) can be implemented only with MaxDB database?? or if not which other database can we use?

2) If we acquire DMS license and get it implemented with MaxDB, do we need get separate license for MaxDB??? or MaxDB usage will be free with DMS license?

I got few lines with respect to MAxDB licensing:

"What are the license costs for SAP MaxDB?

If your SAP solution will run on MaxDB the current license fee is 5% of the SAP application value (SAV). If MaxDB technology is part of a bundled offering for instance like the NetWeaver Full Use License or as SAP liveCache technology as part of SAP Supply Chain Management it comes without additional license costs.

If you want to run MaxDB for your own or third-party applications you can use the downloads from the SDN download area that are bound to our community license."

Please help me to understand my queries.

Thanks.

Krishan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishan,

if DMS is in other words the Content Server as part of KM, then it's only MaxDB and comes without any license implications. Otherwise please explain where DMS belongs too (solution, product) to get the right answer.

Regards

Jörg

krishan_yadav2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jorg,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry but I am not able to figure out where DMS belongs to.

I would like to explain my landscape and DMS usage, hope it would give clear picture:

We are having ECC 6.0 with DB2 9.7 on AIX server.

We want to prepare DMS server with MaxDB 7.6 on Windows on a separate box.

Users can access DMS user functionality through their ECC logins. DMS will be used for storing certain commercial documents like PRs, PO documents, etc.

Hope this facilitates you to help me out.

Thanks,

Krishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishan,

DMS is kind of synonym to Content Server, thus it is only available on MaxDB - and no additional MaxDB license is necessary.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Jörg

krishan_yadav2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jorg,

Thanks for necessary info.

But I came through a situation where DMS server is implemented with MaxDB 7.6 and running for past 1 year. Due to some technical issue SAP recommended for upgrading MaxDB7.6 to 7.8. But we cannot see the upgrade media. Now SAP says that we are not authorised for media since we do not have MaxDB license. It bit confusing situation.

ECC with DB2 is already running.

Regards,

Krishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishan,

particular for those technical reasons MaxDB 7.8 was released for Content Server on AIX and Windows 2008 R2 where MaxDB 7.6 is not available anymore. You should mention that in the ticket and if they do not believe

this forward the ticket to the MaxDB component. It seems to be a dependency problem in the PAM.

Kind regards,

Burkhard

Answers (0)