Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homogeneous System Copy Hungs at Installation phase 3 - Install common system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

My Enviroment is as follows. ERP6.0/Oracle 10.2.0.2/AIX 6.1

I'm in the process of creating a SANDBOX system via a homogenous system copy from the PRD system which has a similaer enviroment.In the target system I have not managed to get past phase 3 ie (install Common System Files). I left it to run overnight (over 12 hours) & in the morning there was no change whatsoever. I've restarted the instalation several times but I'm still unable to get past this stage.

There is no activity in the installation directory hence almost impossible to know what what is causing the instalation to hung

Attached are instalation log files ie sapinst.log and sapinst_dev.log

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Msoro,

May i guess, Memory or OS related issue.

Can you give 755 permission to /usr/sap/  directory and try.

With Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Srinivasan V

I've assigned 777 to /usr/sap but still the instalation hungs at phase 3 ie Install Common Files

Its not hardware resources either, the server has more that enough memory ie 12GB. What perplexes me is how the instalation can hung without any indication of an error in a log. I've followed the AIX/Oracle instalation guide to the letter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Msoro,

Are you installing by root user ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning Srinivasan

I'm installing as root user by running sapinst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved

My Installation Master was somewhat corrupt or was not fully copied to disk before starting the installation. I deleted it & made a fresh copy from SAP media kit DVD &  the installation proceeded without a hitch

I hope this will be useful to someone in future

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Msoro,

Moved your discussion to SAP on UNIX from SAP on IBM i as neither OS nor DB of your installation matched the former space.

Hope this is more promising for your question

Thomas