cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forward Error Handling FEH question

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello guys,

I am working on asynchrnous proxy interface and this contains bulk create request.

Lets say. there are 100 messages coming in one proxy call, and I am creating 100 business documents.

Out of 100, if 5 message failed to create documents, then I am sending this errors to FEH.

What status should I set for that bulk proxy message ?  Should I set that as successfull message even though 5 fails?

Or I should set that failed message?  What happen if I restart from Moni?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi KP,

I recommend you to set the status to successful only if all FEH entries are resolved. This is the way most SAP standard services act.

For instance refer to CL_MDG_BP_RELATIONSHIP_CONF_IN, the Bulk message for the business partner (as part of software component SAP_BS_FND).

If you use the standard API for FEH, the status will be set automatically. For example, you can use

CL_FEH_REGISTRATION=>S_FINISH to set the status in the FINISH callback method. In this method it checks if there are some unprocessed FEH mesages left and set the status to successful only if all messages are resovled.

You may check the service implementation above for a nice reference implementation.

Best regards,

Andreas

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

H Nabendu,

I have already implemented FEH , my question is more like design question.

What should i do with my proxy message if some entry in bulk message failed to create document?