cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPLM_QIMT_NOTIF_COMP new fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to add new custom fields to the application qimt_notification_app_07. This application is in component RPLM_QIMT_NOTIF_MAIN_COMP.

All the views related to this standard application are maintained in the component RPLM_QIMT_NOTIF_COMP.

I assume- I need to create a new view in the component RPLM_QIMT_NOTIF_COMP and embed it in the overview view.

However, I am not sure what is the best approach to achieve this. Can this be done via component /application configuration or enhancement?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

-Veena.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is up to you how you want to create the new fields. You can either build a custom view that gets embedded in the overview view or add fields directly there. I prefer the embedded view.

The tricky piece is how to read and update data. It depends on where the data is phyiscally stored. If the new fields are part of the standard table, then, you might want to enhance the RPLM_QIMT_NOTIF_MODEL. If it is a custom table, then, you can probably create a special singleton class that you can use to read and update the data. Just make sure to commit in the right place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to read / save to a standard SAP table - which has some custom fields appended to the end of the table. I was planning to create a singleton class to exchange data between the components.

Please let me know if anything is wrong with this approach .

Thank you,

-Veena.