Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro ABAP Mozilla Firefox support

former_member211591
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

our latest patch causes an error within our Webdynpro application telling that the browser (Firefox 7.0.1) ist not supported.

The same error we get with almost all Firefox Versions (except 3.6, 5.0.1). We found an OSS note which partially could help. After installing the OSS note (and its subnotes) we are even able to use Firefox 17 with no error. But Firefox 7.0.1 still dumps. So we are now forced to change our rolled out Firefox Version. (We don't want to implement a workaround like changing the user agent string.)

Which Firefox version do you recommend to use? (We are on SAP-Basis 701 level 12).

I tend to use Firefox ESR 10. Would you recommend me to use this one or even ESR 17 (latest Firefox version)? Could we encounter any problems with "latest" versions?  (Does SAP just not recommend a latest version, but everything works fine with Firefox 17?)

I also tried to search the PAM, but I couldn't find a list of supported browsers. Maybe you can tell me how I can reach the correct PAM for Webdynpro ABAP browser support.

Thanks for your help!

ismail

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ismail,

Take a look at the PAM for NW 7.0 (service marketplace login required). Select the tab Technical Release Information then select Web Browser Platforms. This will show a detailed table of browser versions with support information. You can use the filters at the left-hand side of the screen to limit the list to a particular support pack level and/or OS and/or browser.

See also these notes...

Cheers,

Amy

former_member211591
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

thank you very much.

Your answer was exactly what I have looked for, especially the OSS notes.

Firefox ESR 10 seems to be a good choice for our conditions.

We are going to test ESR 10 these days. If a big fail happens, I'll keep you informed.

Cu,

ismail

Answers (0)