cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update statistics - status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I ran the update statistics via DB20 transaction for a table and I got the following message:

Statistics are current (|Changes| < 50 %, IGNORE flag set)

What does that status mean?

Thank you so much,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ignore flag - BRCONNECT does not check whether create or update statistics is required. If statistics are present, they are not updated or deleted.

Source:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/45/d59f51b3735594e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Also it might be possible that statistics update is deactivated by SAP, and statistics being used are pre-delivered. Check SAP note 'Note 1020260 - Delivery of Oracle statistics (Oracle 10g, 11g)' for more information on this.

Cheers !!!

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you so much Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marilia,

50% means that statistics are collected for a table if either of the following is true:

• Inserted row count is greater than or equal to 50 % of the old row count
  • Updated row count is greater than or equal to 50 % of the old row count
  • Deleted row count is greater than or equal to 50 / (100*50) % of the old row count

It means that in your case the changes in your table were less than 50% and hence stats were not updated for this particular table.

this value is taken from the parameter stats_change_threshold which is by default set to 50.

This parameter defines the threshold for the percentage of inserted or deleted rows causing an update in optimizer statistics for BRCONNECT update statistics.

Regards,

Nilesh Jagtap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Is there any place that I can get more information about those values and percentage?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What does ignore flag means?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What does ignore flag means?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That means that the stats are up to date , the <50% is the sample size the Ignore flag means "BRCONNECT does not check whether create or update statistics is required. If statistics are present, they are not updated or deleted."

Read,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/df/455e97747111d6b25100508b6b8a93/frameset.htm

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Juan!